• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC1/81/26 on Cobalt Green Pearl 240SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC1/81/26 on Cobalt Green Pearl 240SX

Here's my follow-up to this thread, where I tried 80/81/16 on my car. I still don't have a PC, so this was done by hand. It started pouring rain as I was applying wax, so I let the car sit overnight in the garage, then rolled it out in the sun and took these pics the next day.

Started with #00 wash and then Deep Crystal Step 1 Cleaner to remove the #16 that was left on the car. The swirls from last time are still there, but I plan to hit them with #80 (#83 if necessary) then maintain with MPPC when I get my hands on a PC.

Next was #81 Hand Polish. Great stuff...

Then a coat of #26 Hi Tech Yellow Paste. Went on and off real nice, and that chemical banana smell really grows on you! I didn't notice as big a difference as I'd been lead to believe between the #16 and #26. The #16 brought out the metallic a bit more but I really like them both. That's good, since it's gonna take me a long, long time to use them both up!

Tires, trim & windows all done with the same stuff as last time. Any comments or advice? Let's hear it! Thanks!
    My Car!

Hi Cam,

Looks good! Nice green color for your car. The #26 will add more richness of color than will the #16 but you have to do side by side tests typically on black paint to see the difference.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!

I saw your first post and thought the car looked fantastic!

NXT is currently all the rage and I use it often and love it as well. I know of no other way to get such a look with such little work.

That being said, I have purchased #81, #16, and #26 because any picture's I've seen with these products look so incredible. I've even read where some people still prefer #26 over NXT.

I'm looking forward to using them and getting similar results!
      A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Nice job, Cam!

After seeing your results, and hearing others recommend the combo (here and on Autopia) I also tried the 80 and 81 combo, though I topped it off with NXT.

I have a question about 81. How did you apply it? Wipe it on then wipe it off? Or do you have to work it in?

Thanks,

Reid
        Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by hirosh
          Nice job, Cam!

After seeing your results, and hearing others recommend the combo (here and on Autopia) I also tried the 80 and 81 combo, though I topped it off with NXT.

I have a question about 81. How did you apply it? Wipe it on then wipe it off? Or do you have to work it in?

Thanks,

Reid
          Thanks Reid! I applied the Hand Polish with a folded terry towel to the whole car, then quickly removed ~80% with one microfiber then got the rest with a second MF, just like the technique Mike P recommends for #7. No working it in or letting it haze or any of that...
          My Car!

Comment

ah i see. thanks!
            Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

Looks very good! Nice color, and nice car!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');