• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mercedes E55, two coats NXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes E55, two coats NXT

I got some renewed energy after going to a recent detail day at Meguiar's. So I decided to clean and wax my car.

I started out by just washing it. Next I used some clay on it. The last time I clayed the car was two years ago when I first got the car. Since then I've just washed it and waxed it a few times using the NXT product line.

After claying it, I used some #80. Then I put on the NXT. I put another coat on the following day.

I applied all the products with a Meguiar's Dual Action Polisher that I purchased about two years ago.

I started using the NXT products when they first came out and haven't used anything else since.

Here is the result of my work. I did this over a period of about 5 days since I worked on it in my garage at night.

The photos were taken using a Canon S330 digital camera.

The hood is reflecting some hazy clouds in the sky.

I even used some NXT on the wheels. I think it should help make it easier to remove brake dust now.

Some reflection off of the car. I used NXT All Metal Polysh on the chrome exhaust tips. It really made them shine and removed all the black stains on the chrome.

Here's my attempt to capture some swirl marks like how Mike does during his detail day sessions. But there weren't many at all. What I did notice were the bigger scratches that were put there when the dealership would wash the car even though I specifically tell them not to wash it after its service. Those dealerships can be the worst thing for the car's finish. I don't know what that yellow speck is though. It's not on the paint of the car.

Here's is the sunspot on the hood from the raw image. I only cropped the image so that you could see the sunspot without any resizing of the image.

The car is not a garage queen either. I think the paint has remained this good due to the nanopaint clearcoat the car has.

I plan on detailing the interior next.
    2004 E55 RENNtech
    Tectite Grey
    Charcoal/Merlot

nice work it looks great
    i really like the quad chrome exhust
    look forward to seeing the interior
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

It looks great!
      2003 Mach 1
      Azure Blue
      5 speed/IUP
      2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
      KY Horsepower

Comment

Hi t-bone,

Your results look great! If you're referring to the Ceramiclear finish and your Mercedes-Benz has this then I think you'll find this paint system to be very easy to work with and it reacts very well to all Meguiar's paint care products.

I've read posts by member's of other forums where they wax-on-at-length about needing special products specifically designed for this paint system and I'm not sure why?

Meguiar's products work excellent on the Ceramiclear paint system just as they do any paint system I've ever used them on.

Good job! Thanks for sharing with our forum.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Nice Work!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Hi t-bone,

Your results look great! If you're referring to the Ceramiclear finish and your Mercedes-Benz has this then I think you'll find this paint system to be very easy to work with and it reacts very well to all Meguiar's paint care products.

I've read posts by member's of other forums where they wax-on-at-length about needing special products specifically designed for this paint system and I'm not sure why?

Meguiar's products work excellent on the Ceramiclear paint system just as they do any paint system I've ever used them on.

Good job! Thanks for sharing with our forum.

Yes I agree with you Mike. I see no need to buy any special products for this paint system. The entire line of Meguiar's products work extremely well.

I had a couple of water spots on the car that caused some etching. I used some #82 and went over those spots about 5 times. They're not completely gone, but they're almost invisible. I could keep going, but I don't want to keep removing more layers of clearcoat. I've got it to where I can live with it.

The NXT really makes the paint pop.
            2004 E55 RENNtech
            Tectite Grey
            Charcoal/Merlot

Comment

Awesome job! And nice ride

Comment

Re: Mercedes E55, two coats NXT

I am in love. Those are the sickest rides ever. I want one so bad.
                Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by t-bone
                  I see no need to buy any special products for this paint system.
                  Tell that to Joe after polishing out that Cayenne.
                  Quadruple Honda Owner
                  Black cars are easy!

Comment

Originally posted by SpoiledMan
                    Tell that to Joe after polishing out that Cayenne.
                    What do you mean? I don't know the story about Joe and the Cayenne. Did he need other products to polish it?
                    2004 E55 RENNtech
                    Tectite Grey
                    Charcoal/Merlot

Comment

Re: Re: Mercedes E55, two coats NXT

Originally posted by Elite M.D.
                      I am in love. Those are the sickest rides ever. I want one so bad.

Great work and great car!

How often do you apply the NXT? Do you use the Spray Booster Wax also?

If you haven't already tried it, you may want to get some NXT Speed Detailer for maintenance.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by t-bone
                        What do you mean? I don't know the story about Joe and the Cayenne. Did he need other products to polish it?
                        My bad. I had it backwards. Just forget I ever said anything.
                        Quadruple Honda Owner
                        Black cars are easy!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Mercedes E55, two coats NXT

Originally posted by RamAirV1

Great work and great car!

How often do you apply the NXT? Do you use the Spray Booster Wax also?

If you haven't already tried it, you may want to get some NXT Speed Detailer for maintenance.

RamAirV1
                          Thanks for the compliments.

Before this last time, I think I may have only applied NXT 3 times since I've bought the car and that was two years ago.

I haven't tried using the Spray Booster. I'm not sure when and how to use it, but I do have it.

I do have the NXT Speed Detailer. It's what I used while I was claying. I also have Final Detail too. I'll probably refill the bottle of Speed Detailer when it runs out with some Final Detail.
                          2004 E55 RENNtech
                          Tectite Grey
                          Charcoal/Merlot

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');