• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving a black vette from a repaint, *56K warning*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's amazing! Great job. How do you apply the engine degreaser? Do you scrub any of the engine bay after applying the degreaser, or simply rinse the degreaser & dirt off?
    2003 Mach 1
    Azure Blue
    5 speed/IUP
    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    KY Horsepower

Comment

Now that is impressive sure didn't look good to start with. VERY nice work. I bet the owner is happy. :
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Misread the RPM's... my bad lol
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Awsome work, especially on Black.
          Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by MattN03
            Wow, that's amazing! Great job. How do you apply the engine degreaser? Do you scrub any of the engine bay after applying the degreaser, or simply rinse the degreaser & dirt off?
            Thanks Matt, long time, no see.

I did agitate after the degreaser was applied. I use a combination of brushes/mitts including the EZ Detail brush (similar to the meguiars spoke brush, but longer).

Thanks everyone!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ebpcivicsi
              Thanks Matt, long time, no see.

I did agitate after the degreaser was applied. I use a combination of brushes/mitts including the EZ Detail brush (similar to the meguiars spoke brush, but longer).

Thanks everyone!!!!
              lol, Joe I didn't even pay attention to who made the original post I was so impressed with the finished results! Are you doing articles in Southern Rides now? If so, nice job!
              2003 Mach 1
              Azure Blue
              5 speed/IUP
              2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
              KY Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by MattN03
                lol, Joe I didn't even pay attention to who made the original post I was so impressed with the finished results! Are you doing articles in Southern Rides now? If so, nice job!
                Thanks, LOL!! Yep, I write a lil sumpen sumpen for them monthly- it's a nice gig!!!

Comment

What a transformation!!!!

Comment

WOW!!!
                    There's a friend in Phoenix with the same model year, and his looks just as bad.
                    If we can ever get a date set he wants me to try to fix his paint.
                    I sent him the link to your thread to motivate him...Thanks!!!
                    Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                    08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                    98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                    82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

yeah, that would be ME - D - when i come by - we'll get some before and after pics for this - mine looks just as bad as the before pics in the first post!

Comment

Wow! Just Wow! What a difference!

Comment

ebpcivicsi- You sure do turn out great jobs in a record time! Now let's see how the customer treats 'em
                          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Originally posted by Accumulator
                            ebpcivicsi- You sure do turn out great jobs in a record time! Now let's see how the customer treats 'em
                            LOL!!! Thanks man, I try my best to educate each customer on the proper use of wash methods/tool/techniques, as well as leaving them some literature on the subject. Now whether or not they actually apply it, that's another story. I have some that do and some the don't. The ones that don't typically call me sooner to "fix" the paint again.

Thanks again everyone. Bumping this thread actually brought back memories, what a job that was!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg
                              WOW!!!
                              There's a friend in Phoenix with the same model year, and his looks just as bad.
                              If we can ever get a date set he wants me to try to fix his paint.
                              I sent him the link to your thread to motivate him...Thanks!!!
                              Awesome!! Good luck, bring some wool pads. That paint buffs beautifully IMO, but is VERY HARD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');