• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbor's Buick interior (nasty)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor's Buick interior (nasty)

I did an interior for my neighbor yesterday. It's on a '96 Buick that hasn't seen much care since it was new. I used a strong OXY mix (3 scoops to about 3 gal water) and sprayed the carpeting, letting it soak for a good 30 minutes.

Using the garden hose I got the carpet wet, but not drenched and proceeded to scrub. OMG, the water immediately turned black, not brown, black. There was a section of carpeting on the driver's floor that looked as if the fibers had been worn away it wasn't, it was just that crudded up. As for the seats and rear carpet, well I've seen and cleaned worse but it was still pretty nasty. Then there was the rear seat belt...(hurl), I still have no idea what was encrusted on there...

Here are the befores:

Here's the seatbelt

Extreme close up:

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Now for the afters, the driver's side floor was obviously the worst. I was able to get most of the grunge out, but there were still stains that refused to budge

The rest of the carpet came out really well. Letting the OXY soak makes a huge difference. By the time I came around to scrub the rear floors, the dirt & stains had mostly faded, although the shop vac pulled up A LOT of gunk throught the upholstery attachment.

Yes, I removed the rear seat to make removal of the seatbelt easier, plus something had been spilled at some point on the rear seat. The extreme rear portion of the seat and the lowest section of the seatback were heavily stained

Cleaning this was a whole lot easier outside of the car

Last, but not least, here's the seatbelt. I dumped it in the bucket of OXY mix until I was finished with the rest of the car. It turned the water a nasty color just from soaking. When I took it out, I sprayed it down with full-strength Greased Lightning and scrubbed with a stiff brush. In this pic, the belt is still wet and you can see a trace of a stain, but after it dried, it was nearly spotless The paw on the right is my Old English Sheepdog puppy who was wondering what I was up to and was trying to use the belt as a chew toy while I took the pic.

There was over 1/4" of mud in the bottom of my vac when I was finished, and the smell was out of this world.

She was really pleased when she came home from work and saw the difference I had made.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

AWESOME job!!!!! That was REALLY gross at the beginning, like sitting in vomit! Way to go though!
      If your not driving fast, your driving half-a**ed!

F150 4X4

Comment

wow... you had some work there!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

looks as if u got the car's interior reupholstered..... lol

i wanna see pics of ur dog...

Comment

Nice work Don!.......But I'm glad I saw it *after* I ate.

That car must have had some more bad smell to it!
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
              looks as if u got the car's interior reupholstered..... lol

i wanna see pics of ur dog...
              Go HERE
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I hope you wore gloves! Man that IS nasty.

Comment

i hope you got $$$$$$ for that, looked nasty

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');