• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Monte Carlo makeover, (10 pics, bandwidth warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Monte Carlo makeover, (10 pics, bandwidth warning)

Hi all
    I cleaned up a nice SS Monte Carlo yesterday that I wanted to share the results. This car had only seen drive through car washes for the past two years and it showed.

Here's what I did, washed with Pro C-60 Car Wash, cleaned the wheels with Wheel Brightener and the new Gold Class Wheel Face brush. I then pulled it into the garage and clayed With Meguiars mild clay and Last Touch as the lube, (this thing turned my clay brown). Then I used the rotary and 83 with a polishing pad, I considered using a cutting pad first, but I'm not that confortable yet with a rotary on a customers car, especially a black one. The car still had a few scratches, but it was a huge improvement. I then switched to 80 with my DA polisher and a polishing pad and followed that up with 21 on the DA with a finishing pad. I topped of the wheels with NXT Insane Tire spray.

On the Interior, I vacumed and shampoo'd the carpet, cleaned the trim with 40, leather seats with Leather Cleaner and Conditioner in the detailer line and did the windows with Glass Cleaner Concentrate.

It was like 90 degress here yesterday and we had two pretty bad thunderstorms that rolled through, so the humidity was off the charts! I did had some streaking removing 21 and I let it set for like 40 minutes before removing, pretty sure it was just the humidity. Anyways, here are the results:

Very nice work!!
    Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

Hi Tom,

Looks great, the improvement in richness of color is pretty dramatic between the before and the after pictures for the paint.

Nice clean-up on the interior.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

tire shine

The insane tire shine IS very nice too.
          Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

the paint n the hood looks so wet it looks about to sheet off of it!!
            95nissan

Comment

Looks awesome! I love the look of a black Monte Carlo!

Jeff

Comment

Did you do the engine also? The photo with the hood up looks like the engine got a detail. Excellent overall job.
                How many hours did you spend on it?

Comment

Thanks again guys...

Mike,
                  I spent around 8 hrs on this thing, and I felt it yesterday. The heat and humidity really took it out of me when I was finished.

yea, I sprayed a degreaser on the engine and sprayed it down, then used All Seasons Dressing on the hoses and plastic. Sorry, didn't get a real good pic of the motor...

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');