• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big "A" Detailing Chalky White 06 Honda Civic Si 4 Step Exterior Resurrection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big "A" Detailing Chalky White 06 Honda Civic Si 4 Step Exterior Resurrection!

befores:

Re: Big "A" Detailing Chalky White 06 Honda Civic Si 4 Step Exterior Resurrection!

this is how she looked after being washed & degreased twice.
    the clay removed the rest of those dull spots + whatever overspray i found!

i used the drivers fender as the test panel.

this is nothing new, i get a lot of cars with overspray on them lol. the fender, drivers side mirror & door got it the worst.

ready to put the wing back on.

Comment

Re: Big "A" Detailing Chalky White 06 Honda Civic Si 4 Step Exterior Resurrection!

diggin out some glue from removing the vinyl. shes almost done!

i think bobby is here! henny, go get the door!

Comment

FINALS

Comment

Comment

Special thanks to Bobby Grandone of www.avcarsonline.com

for taking some pics of Henny & of course for the photoshoot of the Honda Civic Si!

his you tube:
            http://www.youtube.com/user/avcarsonline

Thanks for checking out my work!

-Andrew

Comment

WOW ! It looks awesome! Great work!!

I do have a question though... why hand rub it with the " hard at it " and not use a buffer with a wool pad ? Iv used the hard at it and its a great product for cutting through the ****!
              Check us out on Facebook and give our page a LIKE https://www.facebook.com/radiantappearances

Comment

Great turnaround!
                Awesome work!
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Fantastic work, Andrew.

That paint was absolutely lifeless before.

Comment

Fantastic job! That car was an absolute mess but it shines like a champ now!!!!!!
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Spectacular revival Andrew! I love seeing turnarounds like this! Makes the car look totally different!
                      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Radiant Appearance View Post
                        WOW ! It looks awesome! Great work!!

I do have a question though... why hand rub it with the " hard at it " and not use a buffer with a wool pad ? Iv used the hard at it and its a great product for cutting through the ****!
                        well ive been using hard at it for dull white cars for my entire career now. i get a warm bucket of water & a cotton applicator pad. dunk it, squeeze it, then apply hard at it directly to the pad & rub the car down. wash the pad after each panel or half panel or so. change the bucket of water when it gets real cloudy. wash out the pad in the sink & start over again. the hard at it removes most of the dullness & preps the paint for machine compounding. i would rather keep doing it this way than rely on another machine step & most likely have to use wool. i dont use wool pads in my shop, i left them at the body shop about 15 years ago. of course before my wet hand compounding the car was fully washed, degreased twice & clay barred up the wazoo lol.
                        thank you!

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                        Great turnaround!
                        Awesome work!
                        thanks!

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
                        Fantastic work, Andrew.

That paint was absolutely lifeless before.
                        thank you greg!

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                        Fantastic job! That car was an absolute mess but it shines like a champ now!!!!!!
                        thanks shawn!

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                        Spectacular revival Andrew! I love seeing turnarounds like this! Makes the car look totally different!
                        thanks alot marc.

my customer posted this feedback a few weeks ago on one of the local forums:
                        Originally posted by bennnnn
                        This is my car and it looks amazing afterwards. The before was from about 1.5 years of build up from not washing it.
                        Originally posted by bennnnn

About the rear bumper, unfortunately I got rear ended and the shop obviously sucked at color matching and at the time, the car was dirty and was less noticeable. Now it bothers every time i see it so I will repaint it when i get the chance. As for wheels, it'll remain as I put my 18" hfp on my tsx.

Thanks andrew. Ill try not to let it get as bad again.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');