• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Wax

I ran into my local Autozone store today, to pick up some more NXT Tech Wax. I discovered a new product called Fast-Wax. Unfortunately, it wasn't a Meguiar's product but the sales associate said that it would be safe to use in conjunction with my Meguiar's products. The FAST-WAX is supposed to clean and wax the car, without leaving swirl marks or scratches in your paint. Supposedly, its only used by NASCAR and is just now being launced in the retail market. My co-worker bought a can and says it works excellent, he stated that he uses it like a QD, or in between washe. Has anyone everheard of this product, or used it? If so, is it safe and can you use like QD.

(Edit: I removed the link to the website as this breaks forum rule #9 . See my post below.)

I was unable to get any meaningful information off of this site.
    Also, does Meguiar's have anything comparable to this, something like an all in one system for maintenance of your car in-between washes. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dee
    Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Meguiar's Online Member Rules!

1. No personal attacks toward members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products.

7. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations.

8. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars.

9. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses.

10. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action.

11. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the Online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

Signatures Rules:

1. No links to commercial web site links, phone numbers or email addresses will be allowed. (*See exceptions below.)

2. No photos allowed, this option is not enabled.

3. Nothing rude, crude or impolite will be allowed

Justice for Breaking the Rules - Color Code:
    We are human and we all make mistakes, however, there will be consequences for your actions as follows:

Blue = Polite warning via email or PM to remind you of the rules.

Green = Warning and Possible one-seven day suspension.

Red = You will be banned immediately with little or no warning.

Exceptions:

We stand behind our Moderators, if you are causing a problem for the Online community the above "Justice Rule Code" can be taken to the next level when appropriate.

*You may include your company name and your title in your signature as long as it is not a clickable link.

Reporting a Post, Photo or Member:

NOTE: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Please remember that as a member you do have the power to report a post, member or photo without becoming involved publicly. You can do this by hitting the report button under each member's name.

You will then be asked to give a reason for reporting the post, person or photo.

You are also welcome to send the Administrators and Moderators a PM to let them know of your concern.

Thank you for being a contributing member and following the rules,

Your Meguiar's Online Team
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Fast Wax

Originally posted by Dee
      IThe FAST-WAX is supposed to clean and wax the car, without leaving swirl marks or scratches in your paint. Supposedly, its only used by NASCAR and is just now being launched in the retail market. My co-worker bought a can and says it works excellent, he stated that he uses it like a QD, or in between washes. Has anyone ever heard of this product, or used it? If so, is it safe and can you use like QD.
      Hi Dee, I've used this product, how well it works or doesn't work depends on your expectations. It's been around for at least a couple of years, don't be fooled with any ideas that it's 'exclusive' to NASCAR and now we the public at long last have access to it.

I was unable to get any meaningful information off of this site.
      It cleans and leaves behind some type of wax.

Also, does Meguiar's have anything comparable to this, something like an all in one system for maintenance of your car in-between washes. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks Dee
      We offer better products than this and have for over 100 years. If you want a great all-in-one product then try Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax

This product has been around since 1973! How many products can you think of that have come and gone either on the shelves of your local auto parts store or on t.v. infomercials in the last 32 years!

As far as spray-on waxes go, Meguiar's offers two spray on waxes,

Quik Wax
      [b]NXT Generation Spray Wax

Meguiar's doesn't offer an aerosol spray wax in our Automotive lines, but we do in our Marine Line for boats.

Meguiar's invented the quick detailer when we introduced Trigger Wash[/i] back in 1981, now called Quik Detailer, this product together with our Quik Wax to create that just detailed look in-between regular washings.

Spray on waxes are not intended for removing light dust or loose contaminants, that is the purpose of a mist and wipe product like Quik Detailer.

Hope this helps...
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
        ...something like an all in one system for maintenance of your car in-between washes. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dee
        Gotta go with a quick detailer like mike suggested. If you have never used a QD you need to. Its also great for just after a wash/dry to eliminate any water spots, mist it on and wipe with a quality microfiber. I prefer to apply a coat of wax say NXT or #26 every couple months then maintain it with a quick detailer rather than a spray wax, just my preference.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

FAST Wax

Thank you all for your comments.
          I finally tried the FAST Wax, and needless to say it did perform up to my expectations. It left a lot of scratching and marring that I will try to take out this weekend. I'm going to wash, DC1, DC2, and follow up with some NXT Tech Wax to bring it back to life. Do you think this will get the scratches out?

I hate I even bothered with the stuff.....

Comment

Seems weird to me that it would cause scratching and marring. What was your process? Was the paint clean when you applied it?
            If it's extensive, then DC1/2 and NXT probably won't remove it all, but might hide some or reduce it. You might need ColorX or something slightly stronger like #9, #80 or even ScratchX.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad iX
              Seems weird to me that it would cause scratching and marring. What was your process? Was the paint clean when you applied it?
              If it's extensive, then DC1/2 and NXT probably won't remove it all, but might hide some or reduce it. You might need ColorX or something slightly stronger like #9, #80 or even ScratchX.
              You know I saw this product at walmart in the closeout isle today. The can said "Wash and Wax without water". Not to sure on products like that.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                You know I saw this product at walmart in the closeout isle today. The can said "Wash and Wax without water". Not to sure on products like that.

LOL, that's why it was in the closeout isle probably.

Comment

Today at sams club these guys were demonstrating it by taking people to random dirty cars in the parking lot and cleaning part of them. I would have been so mad if they would have done it to my car (but why would they mine is always clean?). They were using DIRTY cloths and probably swirling the paint like crazy.
                  S2000 Lovefab'd with GT30R
                  CTS-V (My first black car)

Comment

Well, keep in mind you can clean and wax with any Meguiars product without using water. That doesnt make it a good idea.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If I use QD or Speed Detailer, on the car and then wax it with the NXT Tech wax, will this harm the paint? Also can you tell me when I should apply the clay bar, is it before or after the cleaner?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                        If I use QD or Speed Detailer, on the car and then wax it with the NXT Tech wax, will this harm the paint?
                        If your question is,

If my car is dirty, and I clean it with a quick detailer and then wax it with NXT Tech Wax, will this harm the paint?

The answer is it depends on how dirty the car is. You have to understand that quick detailers like Meguiar's Quik Detailer, or Speed Detailer are for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges, they are not for removing caked on dirt, or cleaning a car that hasn't been washed in days. If you try to clean a car that is too dirty and needs a normal wash using soap and water, then you run the risk of instilling scratches into the paint using a quick detailer.

Remember: Mist & wipe products like our Quik Detailer are for removing light dust, not caked on dirt.

For the most part, if your car is a daily driver and parked outside all of the time, one or two days after a regular washing is the most you can hope to use a quick detailer, after that enough dirt and other airborne contaminants will have built-up on the surface to make the car too dirty to safely use a quick detailer. More than that, during the night, if [due forms on your car's finish, the moisture from the dew will turn the light dust into a film so that is is no longer light dust but is in fact a dirt film. The best way to remove a dirt film is with a normal car wash, not a quick detailer.

Also can you tell me when I should apply the clay bar, is it before or after the cleaner?
                        Thanks.
                        We always remove what's sitting on top of the surface below going after what's below the surface.

Clay first, then use a paint cleaner. The only exception is for extremely oxidized finishes where there is so much oxidized paint on the surface that it is more effective to remove the heavy oxidation before using the clay.

The correct procedure to follow is this,

Wash
                        Clay
                        Clean
                        Polish
                        Protect
                        Maintain
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

using QD, or speed detailer will not harm your paint before waxing it, as I assume you are using a good towel or microfiber with the QD.

The order would be:
                          Wash
                          Clay
                          Clean
                          Polish
                          Wax

I would assume you are using the QD after polishing and before waxing if you cant wax right away, or washing, then misting, then waxing, as a bit of a shortcut, so to speak. Both will work ok, though like any shortcut, it wont give as good results, and maybe the Spray Booster wax is something to consider.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

... Supposedly, its only used by NASCAR and is just now being launced in the retail market.
                            I love that line.

Used exclusively on cars that are only exposed to weather for a couple hours a week, are viewed from grandstands hundreds of feet away, have all but 5 square inches of their surface covered with sponsor decals and get re-decaled, sold off/re-painted or crashed by the end of one season.

Yup, sounds like the kind of protection my car needs.

PC.

Comment

If I want to QD my car, do I use dry MF or damp MF?
                              zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');