• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Disaster!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interior Disaster!!!

Makes me want to instantly get one of those Bissel machines. But I dont let my car get THAT dirty.
    Trevor

Comment

ill tell ya what, theres a lot of people who say they dont extract very well....mine extracted wonderfully, and left the carpets dry withing about an hours time, 2 max. Im so impressed with this machine that i may just call it one of my best purchases yet.
      Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
      1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
      1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

First of all: Amazing job on quite the turd!! Ya did good!!

Second: You quoted $50 and got $80. It might be a geographical thing but I wouldn't have touched that thing for less than $400 and here in Sacramento they would have gladly paid. Especially for the difference you made in that thing! Outstanding work!

Thirdly: FOLEX. Get some. It's an amazing spot remover that actually works. Follow the directions and you will be amazed.

Good job and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mose View Post
          First of all: Amazing job on quite the turd!! Ya did good!!

Second: You quoted $50 and got $80. It might be a geographical thing but I wouldn't have touched that thing for less than $400 and here in Sacramento they would have gladly paid. Especially for the difference you made in that thing! Outstanding work!

Thirdly: FOLEX. Get some. It's an amazing spot remover that actually works. Follow the directions and you will be amazed.

Good job and good luck!
          You could probably get away with $400 where your at.

Zach,

$50 is extremly cheap, you spent twelve hours on it.

You should have charged at least $200, at a bare minimum.

Nice job on it though.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

well see, he wanted a quote and i hadnt even seen the car yet, i never imagined in a million years it woulda been as bad as it was, like i said, i way under cut myself but i guess he was happyu so maybe i can get more people from word of mouth
            Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
            1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
            1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Again, great job. Shame about the $50 charge, but you can now add it to your portfolio. It certain shows that you are capable.

I wouldn't want too much referral business from a $50 client that got that much work done. The next person will expect the same.

Lesson learned, don't quote sight unseen. As we've seen from other threads negotiate the price before you begin the job. I'd suggest getting it in writing. It would be pretty easy to simply call it a consent form.

Comment

wow that was messy
                mujjuman

Comment

Looks great! I'm glad I finally got around to seeing these pics, BB didn't do it justice for how bad it was.
                  Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Nice save. That wasn't a minivan it was a trash can on wheels.

Dave
                    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

dang that ***** about the $50 !!!
                      over time you will be more efficient and things will go quicker but let me share with you a pricing thingy i do ....
                      as you know first SEE the vehicle, you will learn that some types of carpets (Toyota) have a carpet with some really funky fibers that trap the dirt and debris and make just vacuuming with a brush in one hand and hose in another an hour job ... add in pet hair .. FOGETABOUTIT! then some carpets are a breeze to vacuum.
                      So say to yourself, "vacuuming will be two hours, wiping down the panels another hour or two, extracting, brushing an hour or two then price it at whatever you think your worth.
                      Leave yourself and your customer open for an additional costs if it requires an additional pass scrubbing and extracting. I like to tell me customers that I will do the initial above procedures for XXXX and if it requires a DEEP CLEAN it will be another pass for an additional XXXX

I run a Craigslist ad advertising a $50 interior detail and it involves a vacuum, APC scrub down with various brushes and extracting with the shop vac wipe down of the panels and dressing it up. This job takes me tops 2 hours and is priced for a coupe or compact car. I do bump it for bigger cars, SUVs etc because it will take longer....

As I am mobile upon seeing the vehicle if it warrants a deeper clean, I show the customer my Mytee Lite II and my rotary with the scrub brushed attached and other tools and explain the differences (hot water vs cold water) etc and most times sell a $150-$250 interior detail package

just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');