• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

before and after pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I am having some halogram problems , I'm almost embarresed to post these pics. The car looks so much better overall, as far as swirls and gloss reflection and depth. But this is what i saw the other day as i was running out. i had to snap a few shots and post, here they are:

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by cheapthrills; Oct 30, 2004, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Those remind me more of smears than holograms. Try washing then a using a QD.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Can smears appear as holograms? because this can not be seen at all, under any lighting, only under sun at certain angles?

I tried QD, it didn't seem to do anything.

It's raining out today, but I'll try a wash tomorrow or later this week. I am so stressed, to have done all this work and see this on the car, it is just a nightmare.
        Last edited by cheapthrills; Oct 30, 2004, 01:18 PM.

Comment

cheapthrills, dont stress buddy, that car looks so much better already, think of this as a learning curve so next time it will be alot easier, also, i think i heard some of the pro's talking about vw/ audi paint as having a very hard clear and difficult to work with, if this is true, u are getting a tough lesson right from the start keep trying and u will get it where u want it to be, and with all that we can learn here you wont let your paint get in that condition again,
          "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

scottlee Thanks a bunch, I know I get stressed, I think most would after spending the time and effort that I did. I just want to find out if these are indeed holograms and what i need to do to remove them, before the car gets coverd with snow. I just want that piece of mind that I did my best and the car looks good. I had that just a few days ago, until I saw this.

Comment

I think you have done a fantastic job, what you have to remember is that detailing is not easy, if it were then most of the professional detailers would be out of a job.
              Looking at the before pics, it looks like this is your real "first" try for a professional finish on your car. Please don't think that this is something that you will get right the first time, or maybe even the forty first time.
              What you have accomplished so far is way above what the average person can do, you are on the right road to going nutz about shiny things.

Just remember the most important thing in life.
              "Practice makes perfect!!!"
              Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
              08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
              98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
              82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I washed the car today with nxt wash, and everthing worked fine. Here are some pics i took. Thanks for the help and support.

The only thing I could think of that may have when wrong is:
                -ex-p wasn't cured and I added 16 (waited 1 hour or a little more)
                -I applied 16 to heavily (i used the twist pad method, and it worked well very little dusting pretty easy to remove.)
                -I Needed to buff 16 twice. one to remove, second to buff to a shine?

Last edited by cheapthrills; Nov 5, 2004, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I thought it looked like they were just smears good work
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

sounds like it maybe a good "excuse" to get some micro fiber bonnets for the pc
                    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

I really like the way jetta came out, a rotary would of been quicker and maybe produced a slightly better finish over all. But I am not complaining, because I didn't take any risks and got the job done 80% or more with the PC. The car looks 100 times better. My bro-in-law is very happy, My friend saw the car, and I ended up doing his VW Gulf, and my brother wants his done this weekend. Family friends and neighbors are noticing. The black jetta is no Ferrarri, But it really does stand out in the driveway.

Thanks

scottlee,
                      I was thinking about picking up a few ultimate bonnets

Don,
                      I was hoping they were smears. I still feel the need to order #82 though. I'm addicted.
                      Last edited by cheapthrills; Nov 6, 2004, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');