• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 Corvette - Remove Swirls and Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, can you post a picture of the drivers door where the paint looked ruined before? A side by side before and after would be great!

Comment

That is one really great job.Well done Mike.

Comment

The owner might have been trusting but not crazy ...he let LYNN drive the car The car looks great...not that I'm surprised

PS: here's the side by side oldmodman asked for

Last edited by Don; Mar 10, 2004, 04:16 AM.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by oldmodman
          Mike, can you post a picture of the drivers door where the paint looked ruined before? A side by side before and after would be great!
          Hi oldmodman,

Don got to it before me, I would like to point out that the after picture is after machine polishing with DACP. The finish actually gets darker, and more clear after I went over the entire car with the PC/83 combo, and then two PC applied coats of NXT Tech Wax.

I see have I have another picture of the same area of the door from a couple of different angles.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The finish on that vette is just SICK!

Impresive job

Comment

Mike, first off, FANTASTIC job! The pain tlooks amazing.

I have a question. Why did you apply the DACP to the entire car then remove? I have always removed it a section at a time because because I have found it difficult to remove once it dried. Do you always do this or was there something special about this detail that called for it?

Comment

Mike,

Fantastic job as usual! So, just 83 is ok? Would there have been an improvement by using 84 (I think its 84?) afterwards or would that have been over the top for a daily driver?

Thanks
                Dave

Comment

Awsome job Mike! You win, that deffinitely looks like it took longer than it did for me to do the lexus. And tell Lynn impressive job with the leather.
                  Later,
                  Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                  Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Great Job Mike.

You really have quite a talent. Just wondering if you could have done this job solely with the PC unit and a more aggressive pad/compound or was a buffer required in this circumstance.

My '04 C-5 Convertible needs some polishing and I want to hit it with the #83 then #9. The dealer "cleaned" the car with bad towels and wiped it with dirt on it, so some small scratches to be delt with.

Nothing at all close to the mess you had to deal with. I'm amazed that you were able to acheive such results. Must have reduced that clear coat a little, huh?

Love your threads.

Open Air
                    Life's short, put the top down!

Comment

Absolutely incredible Mike. Great job!
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky
                      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Wow

Looks like a different car.....

Excellent job to you both!!

Comment

Hi Tim,

Yes I did read the write up, but as usual I fell foul of Meguiars numbering system. I guess I actually meant 82 then, which most people seem to use to follow up 83, and I would have thought that having run 83 on the rotary, the natural follow up with the PC would have been 82 not 83

Comment

WOW!!!

Mike that is just unbelievable. And Lynn, that interior looks like it should be on a vinyl and rubber product label! Absolutely flawless! Amazing job on the seats!

That guy is certainly lucky to have had you two to bring his car back to life.
                            1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                            2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                            1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

WOW

Nice to see two jobs done perfectly. Unreal! the difference.

Comment

Mike what did Lynn use on the carpet to clean it...????

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');