• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1986 Mustang GT

Jeff, your bill is in the mail!!!
    I had a great time, and learned quite a bit, too. Mark it was a pleasure meeting you, you do good work!

I always find it amazing the change that happens when using good product. The results are truly dramatic (good technique seems to help a bit as well!).

It's good to take note of how the product reacted to the increased humidity. I'm so used to the dry temps and, the quick flashing the comes along with it, that I was able to increase my working time and area and really get the product to "work" without it drying on me too quickly.

Good times!!!
    The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Geat job guys, got to save hose V8 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by audionutmike View Post
        Jeff, your bill is in the mail!!!
        I had a great time, and learned quite a bit, too. Mark it was a pleasure meeting you, you do good work!

I always find it amazing the change that happens when using good product. The results are truly dramatic (good technique seems to help a bit as well!).

It's good to take note of how the product reacted to the increased humidity. I'm so used to the dry temps and, the quick flashing the comes along with it, that I was able to increase my working time and area and really get the product to "work" without it drying on me too quickly.

Good times!!!
        Ha Ha! Do you take rubber checks?

That's a good point about the humidity - it was nice to have some working time for a change.

Comment

That is amazing. The difference in the rims engine bay, everywhere is unbelievable. It looks like a totally different car. Fantastic work guys. Its unbelievable the transformation that occurred.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow Looks Like Fun
            Do One Area All The Way First, Clean To Wax I Did One That Bad On A Black Mustang And Had It Looking Great Untill It Got Wet And Sucked Back In I Was Sick The Pigment Was To Far Gone.

But Than Again Even Rustoleum Can Shine

Good Luck And Enjoy

Comment

Like I said yesterday...who says you can't polish a turd!!!
              The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Great Work! Awesome Save!
                SYDSTER

Comment

Hey, what's happening? Any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfaromeodriver View Post
                    Hey, what's happening? Any progress?
                    I'm glad you asked! I got ambitous and repainted the black decal on the hood and in the process of repainting the windshield trim and headlight buckets. I'll have updated pics by the end of the weekend

Comment

Now thats a car I'd buy for $300 and sell on ebay for $2,700 .. big ROI (return on investment) in projects like this. Keep up the great work, and dang it.. every time I click on another one of your posts, I go outside or call friends and set up another detail.

It's addictive. Playing god, on an automobiles appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by 97 Supra View Post
                        Now thats a car I'd buy for $300 and sell on ebay for $2,700 .. big ROI (return on investment) in projects like this. Keep up the great work, and dang it.. every time I click on another one of your posts, I go outside or call friends and set up another detail.

It's addictive. Playing god, on an automobiles appearance.
                        Thanks, I know what you mean The thought did occur to me to sell it, but my wife loves it and it's hers now so you know how that goes!

However - since I'm first and foremost a gearhead, I figured I could combine my passion for mechanical restoration with paint restoration and flip the occasional car.

Comment

I have to admit that I kinda wanted to see you do the roll on paint job, but it may look too good to go that route now

Comment

Originally posted by SMRcalidiv View Post
                            I have to admit that I kinda wanted to see you do the roll on paint job, but it may look too good to go that route now
                            Oh it's still in the plans! But I'm not going to roll it, I'm going to spray it instead. Good ol' rustoleum

Comment

That is quite a transformation!

Great work fellas!

Andy
                              101impala
                              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Massive overhaul all the way around. Nice work guys! The pictures tell one helluva story. I won't look at any car the same again!
                                Rob A.
                                '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                                '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');