• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 Maserati Bora - Extreme Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here are the finished results...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Next we focused our attention on the Bora's finish. First we clayed the paint to remove any above surface bonded contaminants using Meguiar's Quik Clay System.

Here's ghettocivic claying the rear portion of the car,

Here's the owner Ned claying the front end,

Basically claying is like rubbing a bar of soap over your skin, first you mist some Quik Detailer onto the paint, then a little onto the face of the clay bar, and then rub the clay bar over the finish. Any above surface bonded contaminant will come off and embed itself into the clay bar.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After claying, we decided to use Meguiar's ColorX by hand to clean, polish and protect the finish in one easy step.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's the end results,

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Bora results--now THAT worked !!

dear Mike

I recall all the work and all the photos you shot of the work being done...and certainly the wonderful results produced. You are quite right that it takes a careful selection of the photos to meaningfully make a story of the process--and you did a fine job here in selecting the right ones. A 'work' in its own right!!

Thanks so much for this, and thanks to ALL the participants!

The car was at Crystal Cove this morning and received a lot of praise for its renewed and restored 'look'. You and Meguiar's received a lot of praise from yours truly...well deserved.

As previously mentioned, when I see how the products can be used to produce such excellent results, with some judicious following of instructions and application of modest efforts (thanks to your mentoring), it works to make the owner (myself in this case) then continue to maintain and show off the car as it should have been all along. Thanks for the problem solving.

The full kit I bought, with the Porter Cable machine in it, is starting to get a lot of use on all my cars, and I'm expecting this to give them all a lot of new life. I think my wife is more amazed than anyone. She thanks you, also.

Best and warmest regards,
            to you, to the crew, and to all of Meguiar's...

Ned Evans

PS: I still think your results on the LT1 showed off even BETTER, if possible... especially owing to the black color looking so rich afterwards, and clear of swirls, etc. Very rewarding work.

Comment

Outstanding work on both cars! The Corvette looks very wet in the after pics and the Bora really turned out great for a one step product. Amazing transformation on those wheels too.

BTW, you did dress the Bora's fenderwells, right? Hyper Dressing (cut 2:1) works great on fenderwells.
              Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

good eye Scottwax

exultant way to eliminate tire slinging of product.

what clay bar is this...White? have not seen this before.

where are the finished interior shots?

I agree with Scotwax Outstanding work on both cars!

Ned
                You have a real nice ride there.
                Rich
                If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

the white clay is what came in my Quik Clay that i bought a month back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                    BTW, you did dress the Bora's fender-wells, right? Hyper Dressing (cut 2:1) works great on fender-wells.
                    Naw... we skipped the fenderwells...
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');