• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh make me over! 94 VW Golf *now with PIC Goodness*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh make me over! 94 VW Golf *now with PIC Goodness*

This Saturday my friend and I are going to be doing his sister's golf. It's red, and has lots of swirls. We just got our PC today and will be going at the Golf to "perfect" our technique with it.

We plan to do the following:

Wash
    clay
    wash
    dry (duh!)
    DACP
    #9 or #80 if needed...
    followed by some turtle wax (just because we want to get rid of it)

When we do our own cars, we plan to hit it with some NXT wax, or possibly some #26 and #20... we have black cars.

I'll post some pics on sunday.
    Last edited by Duckman; Aug 16, 2004, 09:37 AM.

Sounds good Duckman!

We'll be waiting to see the transformation. Make sure you take a couple of good before pictures, hopefully in good light.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

W00t!

Ok guys, we're all done with the Golf (well, for the most part). It took us a long time to do it (our first time doing this process) and our final results will get better with each car we do, but I think the results we got from this car are simply amazing. I didn't notice until we started that this car had some oxidation on the roof and the rear quarter panels. The DACP really came through for us here.

the process we used was the same as we had planned, except we were short on time, so we went straight from DACP to wax. we still got great results. We used a cutting pad on the roof and rear quarter panels first, and then went over it a second time using a polishing pad. on the rest of the body, we just used a polishing pad. we did to passes on the hood.

Here are some pics:

Before:

During:

After:

Lessons I've learned from this:

-When you think you've got enough light, GET MORE!
      -Get more pads, and some MF bonnets.
      -Smack friend if he lifts PC off car while it's still running (this was messy)

Overall, we're quite pleased with the results, though there's still some light marring in the paint. Hopefully, we can refine our technique and make it go much faster than it did.

Sorry, the pics are all tight shots.. should've taken some full bodies.

Comment

great improvment . it will get faster as you go, as long as its fun. if your not having fun you try to take short cuts and than it doesn't seem to go as fast. would of been interesting to see if stepping down to #82 or #9 would of gotten out those micro swirls. I think you guys did awsome work.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

I think you guys did a fantastic job.

But please try to get a picture of you smacking your friend.
          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Thanks guys. The pictures just don't do the car justice. the camera I used was ****. The roof was so faded and pink before, but now the whole car is redder than I've ever seen it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out with just an application of DACP. Hopefully we'll have time to get our own cars done with a few different products. We both drive 2003 model cars, so we don't have anywhere near as bad paint.

one thing we noticed was when we were removed the dacp from the oxidized sections, it was quite difficult to remove. was this due to the oxidation, or did we not work it in enough? this was our first time using it.

Comment

outstanding job,man

have fun,keep on buffing

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');