• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** '99 Grand Prix made new again ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *** '99 Grand Prix made new again ***

you made it look like new!
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by keep_it_clean View Post
      did you buy new hub caps or what? cause to me it looked like the hub cap was peeling?

Yea, I explained that in my first post because I didn't want people to think I was acting like I make them look like new. One of the hubcabs was peeling and the other three were just nasty and had some curb damage. I told my father he was better off just replacing them because they would take away from the whole detail if left on the car.
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioCarBuff View Post
        Cnfowler,

Awesome job! I bet your father would get $1000 MINIMUM extra on a trade in.

What product & method did you use on the engine compartment?

Matt
        Thanks, Matt. I only degreased the engine compartment with Castrol Super Degreaser (in the purple bottle). My father was taking the car in after I finished to have it serviced and I figured I'd wait until all that was done before I dressed it. It still looked good, but with a nice coat of #40 it would have looked killer.
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post
          you made it look like new!

That's exactly what my parents said. This was originally my wifes car before we got married. She bought it as a program car in Arkansas. After I was finished, my wife said it looked as good as the day she bought it. This car has spent its entire life outside in the brutal Florida sun. It had definitely seen better days and so I was really satisfied with the end result. My parents keep saying that they will never get rid of this car.

My father is so funny because he is as far from a car nut as you can possibly get. He has always said that as long as his car cranks up, he is happy. His truck hasn't been washed in years. I laugh now because since he got the car back, he has laid down ground rules for my mom and two sisters about driving the car. He won't allow any eating or drinking in it now and if the weather is bad, it won't leave the driveway!!

Everytime he has seen me since the detail, he tells me how proud he is of the car and thanks me. It's nice to bring life back to a car but it's on a whole different level when it changes another's life.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
            Yea, I explained that in my first post because I didn't want people to think I was acting like I make them look like new. One of the hubcabs was peeling and the other three were just nasty and had some curb damage. I told my father he was better off just replacing them because they would take away from the whole detail if left on the car.
            sorry i must have missed that part.

Comment

Not a problem. We read so much on this forum until things tend to get blurry or skipped altogether.

Comment

cn- that is awesome work! I especially like the attention that you paid to cleaning up the weatherstripping. Details like that are what set cars that look 'lights out' from those that look 'pretty good...'

Huge thumbs up!

Why do I wax more than I drive?
                1991 Ford Taurus SHO Red/Black
                2004 Ford F-150 Black/Gray

Comment

Thanks, Joe. I appreciate your attention to detail. The details are definitely what makes a car pop.

Comment

Nice transformation.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Wow. You deserve a LOT of credit for that transofrmation.
                      Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

Thanks, 67. I worked so hard on it but it was certain a wonderful time. I had the luxury of no time limit. This is my father's car and he also has a truck. So he pretty much said however long it takes to get it looking good. He knew I would go over the top with it and that's exactly what I did.

Comment

Wow what an incredible job cn!! That's so awesome how protective your dad is of it now too! =) Now that he has his car back, perhaps you will get a chance to shine up his truck hehe.

Comment

Excellent job, cnfowler! This is truely an EXTREME makeover. You did a terrific job on that car, and your attention to detail is admirable! The little details make the overall product much much better.
                            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Thanks Blaze and Lydia. Blaze, I laughed after reading your post because my dad has already asked if I would do the truck. It's a '98 Chevy S-10. I'm looking forward to tackling the truck and I will most certainly post pics of it when I'm done. This time I will take full on before pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the Grand Prix, just the close-up before shots. I guess I was so excited to finally have a G-100 that I forgot to take pics until it was too late.

Comment

That's awesome that he already asked you to do his truck cn!! I'll be looking forward to both the before and after pictures!! And that's totally understandable about being excited about your new G-100 ... I would be too!! Between your descriptions and the pictures that you did have though, you still painted a great picture of the transformation the Grand Prix went through.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');