• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Bimmer 325 (not serving 56K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamAirV1
    Is it my imagination or do single stage paints seem to have less issues with swirls and spiderwebbing? And the scratches and swirls that did happen seemed easier to remove!

RamAirV1
    I think the SS is softer to buff out since it doesn't have a solid clear coat over the main paint. I know when I used DC1 on my old car that had SS, it always had some paint on the pad. When I was done though, man did it shine like a new dollar.
    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Looks VERY similar to my BMW makeover a couple links down the page. Great job.
      Schotography

Comment

I hate SS! Okay, I don't, but it's just that you see the paint on the pad and freak out. Of course, once you understand why then it's all good.

I always clean a Mazda Miata every year and it ALWAYS becomes heavily oxidized even with #20 on her. What is the most durable wax for SS...in your experience. I should be foisting Quik Wax on the customer to do during washing, at least once every two weeks.
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
        2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by pcfxer
          I hate SS! Okay, I don't, but it's just that you see the paint on the pad and freak out. Of course, once you understand why then it's all good.

I always clean a Mazda Miata every year and it ALWAYS becomes heavily oxidized even with #20 on her. What is the most durable wax for SS...in your experience. I should be foisting Quik Wax on the customer to do during washing, at least once every two weeks.
          #20 is very durable. How often do you apply it? You may want to try the #21. Use Last Touch or NXT Speed Detailer in between washes, or after you wash the Miata.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

#21 is in the works. I apply #20 once by hand and the customer comes once every year. I guess, now that I have the PC, I can apply two thin and even coats.
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
            2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

#21 is in the works. I apply #20 once by hand and the customer comes once every year. I guess, now that I have the PC, I can apply two thin and even coats.
              IMHO, once per year is not enough with any sealant. To provide continuous protection, 3-4 times per year would be best.

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Ramairv1, I think that you may be thinking that the Miata is mine. It is not, it is a customer of mine. She uses the car for only summer enjoyment so I suggested that she may consider coming twice for the year. Once for the beginning and another time before storage.

What do you think about this?

Oh and after working a Grand Prix by hand (that's all the customer was willing to pay) I hate BC/CC! I got most of the buffer inflicted swirls, but the rotary was just sitting there unused. I swear I heard M83 yelling at me!
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.

Comment

Well, since the thread has already taken off in another direction...

Good idea with the twice a year detail plan, she should come in again before the miata is starting to oxidize again, that way it would probably only need cleaning and maybe light polishing, and a new layer of protection. Also suggest that she uses a quick wax at least once a month.

Why is it cheaper to have you work by hand??? It would normally take longer than by machine?
                  "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                  - Back To The Future

Comment

Ramairv1, I think that you may be thinking that the Miata is mine. It is not, it is a customer of mine. She uses the car for only summer enjoyment so I suggested that she may consider coming twice for the year. Once for the beginning and another time before storage.

What do you think about this?

Oh and after working a Grand Prix by hand (that's all the customer was willing to pay) I hate BC/CC! I got most of the buffer inflicted swirls, but the rotary was just sitting there unused. I swear I heard M83 yelling at me!
                    I didn't catch the "summer only" part for the Miata. Sure, the 2X per year would probably be OK.

RamAirV1
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

looks great! good job
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');