• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black C230 Kompressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work Richard. That's an awesome job and I'm sure the owner has a new sense of pride in ownership in his car. It's great to be able to restore both the finish and rekindle that kind of enthusiasm.

Just awesome.
    David Bunting
    motoringphotography.com

Comment

Thank you Richard for restoring the original beauty of my car. I believe the finish is better now than it was the day I picked it up from the dealer almost three years ago. Based on discussions with other detail shops, I was under the impression the only way to eliminate the machine swirls would be to re-paint the entire car. I was obviously wrong. One of my co-workers actually thought I bought a new car. I am very greatful for the extensive time and effort you put into this project.

Thank you

Impressed and Kompressed

P.S. I will be forwarding a list of people interested in your services.

Comment

Hi Kompressed!

Thanks for stopping by, I knew you were out there! You're very welcome. It was definitely both a challenging and fun project. I just wished I had another day to work on it!

I apologize for forgetting to leave my cards with you. I had them on my front seat, but forgot to get them to you before I left. I suppose you could also just forward this link to them. =)

Talk to you soon. (Oh, I'm leaving on a short trip today, to return on Friday, in case anyone has trouble reaching me.)

Richard
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807
        toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Marvelous Job Richard!!!!!

Alex
          Mandarina Racing

Comment

Nice job Richard. Nice challenge and nice results. Well done. I'm sure that it looks great!

Detail on...

Comment

Absolutely fantastic work!!
              Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

WOW, now that’s what a black Mercedes should like. Fantastic work, beautiful. Mercedes-Benz paint is extremely hard and it is not easy to work. I have black ‘04 E500. I wish I had your skills to get mine looking that good....Bill

Comment

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments. I just flew back in town from a short vacation. I enjoyed reading these follow up posts!
                  Richard Lin
                  ShowCarDetailing
                  5548 E. La Palma Ave
                  Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Wow...respect!

What a great job

Comment

Great work. That Mercedes has a new birth date.

Comment

Uber cool, better than brand-new!

Just out of curiosity, how much does a total detail like that cost? $300? more? Did you clean the engine bay?

Oh, btw, what areas of Los Angeles do you service? That client is in Simi Valley and you mentioned that it was a bit out of your normal business area.

Comment

Thanks!

I figured this question would come up sooner or later. I charged less than I normally would (about half) for this car because he's a good friend of a friend of mine--that's how I got the referral, and frankly, I wanted to restore this car pretty badly, especially after seeing the results of my test spot. For the sake of my customer, I can let you know via PM, but I'd rather not post it. But I can say the price was in the hundreds and I got a nice tip.

I didn't do any engine detailing. I spent around 4.5 hours just doing washing and paint prep on the exterior. Of the 12 hours spent, I wanted to focus as much time as possible achieving a flawless finish.

As for my area that I cover, I haven't really set it. I've entered the mobile detailing for pay- only recently and at this point, I'm not turning anyone down based on distance. My "rig" gets 25 to 32 mpg, so gas isn't an issue for me. Prior to Simi Valley, I was focusing on the west side and south side. I hadn't done any that far north in Ventura County before this job.

For now, I'm focusing more on doing quality work on cars that I like and with customers that really appreciate what I have to offer. Maybe as time goes on, I will start to narrow down my route so that I can have regular customers for weekly washing and maintaining, and my travel distance will shorten. I'm currently doing only 1 to 2 cars a week. I'd really like to be doing atleast 5 a week, which may happen as more people hear about what I can do.

In the future, if I will spend 12 hours, I will charge more than $300, likely in the realm of $350 to $400 if it's a car that really needs a lot of work--which are the cars I enjoy working on of course. Figure the per hour charge of $35 to $40/hour.

Richard

Originally posted by smokingGun
                          Uber cool, better than brand-new!

Just out of curiosity, how much does a total detail like that cost? $300? more? Did you clean the engine bay?

Oh, btw, what areas of Los Angeles do you service? That client is in Simi Valley and you mentioned that it was a bit out of your normal business area.
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');