• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxster Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxster Detail

Ok Guys, my first Porsche Boxster Detail yesterday, any comments and tips appreciated.

Boxster 2.5 (1999) 33,000miles Lapis Blue Metallic. 42f chilly.

The car had an a lot of swirls most probably inflicted by sponges or automatic car wash, if also had a couple of deeper scratches that i was able to reduce but not fully remove. The sun was getting too low to get any great shots at the end i'm afraid.

The steps

1 Wash with Gold Class
    2 Quick Clay whole car and windsreen
    3 Wash with Gold Class
    4 M#80 on W8006 Yellow Polishing Pad (yes they arrived in the post )
    Scratch X by hand on deeper scratches
    5 Deep Crystal Polish on another Polishing Pad
    6 NXT on Megs Finishing Pad and removed with MF Bonnet and by hand.

Wheels and Tyres with Hot Wheels and Endurance High Gloss. Interior with Megs Carpet and interior cleaner. Although i couldnt remove the deeper scratches they were improved considerably and the owner was very pleased.

Before:

After 4 hours very hard work.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! You did a GREAT job!!!!!! Your pictures of the results are cool too, especially the reflection of the tree on the hood. You made the interior of the boxster look beautiful again.
    -Lindsey
    If your not driving fast, your driving half-a**ed!

F150 4X4

Comment

Did you educate your customer on how to properly maintain the vehicle? Proper washing techniques, waxing schedule, and the like?

Perhaps set your client up for a routine, every couple months checkup.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Thanks for the comments Lyndsey.

LB - yes, told the owner of the benefits of using a Meguiars Wash Mitt, 2 bucket method and grit guard oppossed to a sponge etc. She was off to get herself some Gold Class after i left.

Booked in a again for 3 weeks just for wash, wax wheels etc.

Just doing detailing for friends and friends of friends at the moment but really enjoying it and seeing a satisfied customer makes it all worth while, extra cash pretty good too

Rob

Comment

Nice car, good job!
          Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
          Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
          00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Beautiful car and a fantastic job!! Great pics too.

Comment

Beautiful!!!! I noticed it was 42F. Did you have any issues with the NXT streaking? It's supposed to be cold and sunny here this week and I would like to do the same to my truck.
              Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Looks great! Nice car and nice work!
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi SVT

Sure it was cold, clear and sunny. I had no problems with the NXT - I applied 2 very very thin coats and they wiped clear without a problem. I used the MF Bonnet to remove most of the wax and then just went over by hand with MF towel to finish off. I have had more problems with a black non clear coat car but the metallic blue was fine a real pleasure to work with. Good luck with yours.

Joenok, I know Northen Norway well spent a while in Harstad, i understand that they have a lot of snow there at the moment - anywhere near you?

Thanks for good feedback guys.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');