• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's products should i use to maintain my car after applying No. 21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's products should i use to maintain my car after applying No. 21?

Hi,

I've just applied No.21 and i would like to know what products should i folllow-up with to maintain my car in between application of No.21?

Should i use only a quick detail product like Final Inspection, Last Touch and etc...

Or should i use NXT Spray Wax? I was just thinking if i used NXT Spray Wax, it will defeat the purpose of using No. 21 as they are 2 different products and you will be layering the NXT product over the No.21. Then wouldn't it be better to just stick to NXT Liquid or Paste wax?

Looking forward to some feedback.

Thanks

P.

Hello prince,

In response to the same question 2hot (Tim) suggested I use NXT Speed Detailer, see the other thread about #21 go to the last page (18) all the information is there.

Here is the link to the above mentioned thread: -

Bryan
    Last edited by Blr123; Aug 2, 2005, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Re: What's products should i use to maintain my car after applying No. 21?

Originally posted by prince_ramses
      Hi,

I've just applied No.21 and i would like to know what products should i follow-up with to maintain my car in between application of No.21?

Should i use only a quick detail product like Final Inspection, Last Touch and etc...
      This is a time proven way to keep you car's paint looking just detailed. It's fast, easy and lengthens the time before having to wash again.

Or should i use NXT Spray Wax? I was just thinking if i used NXT Spray Wax, it will defeat the purpose of using No. 21 as they are 2 different products and you will be layering the NXT product over the No.21. Then wouldn't it be better to just stick to NXT Liquid or Paste wax?
      Spray Waxes will tend to make your paint looking a little richer, clearer, glossier than a quick detailer alone, Meguiar's spray waxes are compatible with all Meguiar's waxes in that no matter what wax you're using as a base wax, the spray wax is always going to make your car's paint look great.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Thanks

P.
      If you're trying to keep your detail job looking fresh and you don't' want to wash it often, then use a quick detailer.

If you plan on washing often, than after washing, (since the car is now clean), use a spray wax.

Don't make the mistake some people make and think quick detailers and spray waxes are the same, they are not. Quick detailers, also called Mist & Wipe products are for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges in-between normal washing. Spray-on waxes are for use on a car that is already clean and doesn't need to be washed, or wiped down with a quick detailer. Spray waxes restore that just waxed look while also adding a little protection.

In order to help you decide, the best thing to do is to get one of each and try them both out. Actually, they make a great combination together as following a quick detailer with a spray wax will always take the result of the quick detailer to a higher appearance level.

Using a spray wax requires a little technique, here are two threads that discuss how to apply and remove Meguiar's spray waxes...

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Maintaining #21

I personally have used this product on my truck a gray metalic, two coats, and on my wifes Honda CRV a gold metalic, 2 coats and topped with #26. But the #26 did not do it for me and it almost dulled the look, so I applied another coat of #21 and left it alone.
        Now after washes and I mean washes , my wife finds every mud puddle, and dirty road to drive on. I just wash and detail spray,I have used both Last Touch,and Instant Detailer, and like both very much, and I want to try NXT SprayWax also.
        In my opinion you do not have to to top with all the other LSP's to get the right look. Although on some colors it may not work as good, but on Gray & gold Metatics it is drop dead gorgeous.
        Kevin
        Last edited by KYMEGS; Aug 7, 2005, 01:45 AM.
        Kevin

Comment

Hi,

It mentions in one of the above links that "before applying Spray Wax there should be a base of wax already on the paint".

I thought #21 was a sealer rather than a wax so should I apply the Pinnacle Signature wax I have first then apply the Spray Wax?

Thanks
          Bryan
          Last edited by Blr123; Aug 7, 2005, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
            Hi,

It mentions in one of the above links that "before applying Spray Wax there should be a base of wax already on the paint".

I thought #21 was a sealer rather than a wax so should I apply the Pinnacle Signature wax I have first then apply the Spray Wax?

Thanks
            Bryan
            Bryan,

They said a spray wax should be used on a already cleaned or just washed finish, I have been doing a deep clean of my car,and truck to get to a bare finish.
            This what I have been doing if anyone has any imput as to better,easier way,or if I'm doing it all wrong please chime in.
            Of course wash your car with your favorite wash soap.
            I clayed my car and truck because it was my spring cleaning after a salty winter.
            I used a PC amd DACP to get all the swirls,and stuff out.
            Then went #80 to polish it all back up to good starting point for the shine to have the best chance to show.
            Then came the #21 one thin coat,wait overnight and added a second thin coat.
            The #80 really deepens (is that a word) the color and the #21 puts a shimmering shine on the the side panels, and radius's of the hood(bonnet to you) as you walk up to the car.
            People have asked me several times if the paint on my Toyota Tundra is custom, and what really makes them look is when i tell it is 5 years old and 70k + miles on it.
            Kevin

PS this takes me about 5 hours to do but so far it has been only once this summer, and with temp in the 100's and high 60% humidity that's impressive to me.
            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123

Thanks
              Bryan
              * Paint Sealants seal the paint
              * Waxes seal the paint

Don't let the words used to describe different types of paint sealants confuse you over the function of each product, the function of a wax or paint sealant regardless of their chemical make-up is to seal the paint depositing a sacrificial barrier coating on the surface. Good waxes and paint sealant leave behind themselves, or a coating and in essence fill into microscopic surface imperfections.

After you have applied your choice of wax, or paint sealant by any other name, then your car's finish is now in a state of condition that will respond well to a spray-on coating of wax. The point being is that Meguiar's spray waxes are not replacement for a normal coat of wax. They are best used to revive the just waxed look of your car's finish.

A few years ago, a person who had neglected to maintain their's car's paint and let it deteriorate to the point where it need to be clayed, cleaned with a paint cleaner and then polished and waxed, purchased a bottle of Meguiar's Quik Wax and thinking this was all they needed. They applied it to their are and to their complete surprise, it didn't work, they then went onto a detailing discussion forum and posted that they we're upset because our spray wax didn't restore a brand new look to their cars neglected finish.

Point being, Meguiar's spray waxes are not intended to be stand-alone products, they should be used in conjunction with a normal coat of wax and only on cars in which the finish is in new, or like new condition.

When you see the term sealant, or wax, even thought their chemical make-up might be different, they are still doing the same job on your car's paint and that is sealing it, protecting it and if they are a quality product, then they are adding shine and beauty.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It's all clear now Kevin/Mike thanks

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');