• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have $$ .. want nice foam gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have $$ .. want nice foam gun

Hey guys i've been through every foam gun at walmart - auto zone = pep boys - target and they are all a joke! i'm wondering if you guys have or use something that really produces some real foam!
    I have a stanley hip pressure washer and use regular hose pressure so i'm willing to go either route.
    The Stanley came with an attachment but that was a joke ... Today i was at biglotz and picked up the misterkleen thingamajig and that was a joke!

thanks in advance
    fred

Re: Have $$ .. want bad a$$ foam gun

If you are looking for a good foam gun, chances are you won't find it at Wal-Mart or Autozone and so on. With a pressure washer however, you can get what's called a foam cannon. Google that and all sorts will pop up. A decent one will cost probably around $100. They go up in price depending on the size of the container.

Comment

Hey fred

That's funny you brought this up because I also just bought one for my kids to use on there power wheels, so they would have something simular to the foam gun I just order from ADS.

I was going to tell you guys that at my local Big Lots I got it for $4.00 plus the 20% off so actually $3.20

I've too have looked for a foamgun at every wal-mart-auto zones- lowes and the like for anything simular to a foam gun and haven't seen nothing except a water nozzle with a 2 or 4 oz. container attachment to put soap in like this little Mr.clean, so I just broke down and order one off of ADS.

He's got them in stock plus it come's with 32oz. of meguiars super soap and a micro-fiber wash mit. Also having a special on free shipping on all orders over $95.00 you can't beat that!

''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Get a foam cannon/lance. I wouldnt bother with a foam gun like the gilmour. They should be called sud guns because all they shoot out is suds and they rinse off in less than 30 seconds. A foam cannon/lance will shoot thick foam with the consistency of shaving cream and actually stay on your car.

Foam Cannon
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

VS

Foam gun
        Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss demonstration for washing your car.The large half gallon Foamaster II provides a gener...
        Alan T.

Comment

Check my thread on where to buy the original foam cannon. I'd rather trust UK quality over Autogeek anyway since I don't know where it comes from...

Theres also some soaps you may want to check out too. I'm using a Karcher 1750psi unit from Costco on 1/2 strength on the knob on the lance

Automotive Care & Detailing - Let There Be FOAM!!! - BUY ONE HERE: http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html Service your Foam Cannon CLICK ME (http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84349) Here are my pictures I did My car/victim:...
          Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by Lasthope05 View Post
            Get a foam cannon/lance. I wouldnt bother with a foam gun like the gilmour. They should be called sud guns because all they shoot out is suds and they rinse off in less than 30 seconds. A foam cannon/lance will shoot thick foam with the consistency of shaving cream and actually stay on your car.

Foam Cannon
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

VS

Foam gun
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOw1HFN1J0
            That's about like comparing a orbital to a rotary, ofcourse your going to get crazy foam with a pressure washer. I too have been checking out the cannon but going to wait to see if I like the foam gilmour. After all it's still going to be doing what it's suppose to do but not hide the car with shaving cream. LOL

Also if all you have is a regular water hose like fred stated in his post, the gilmour will have to do, just experiment with the settings and different soaps.

Comment

Foam Cannon/Lance = Hooks up to pressure washer
              Foam Gun = Hooks up to garden hose

I have both, but find myself using the foam gun more often. You can utilize it as not only a pre-soak, but while you wash by spraying each panel (as well as dipping into the soap bucket) to help aid in more lubrication each time you are touching the finish. Better safe than sorry, and anyway you can help reduce the risk of swirls/scratches, it's worth it IMO.

Comment

In his post Fred said he has a pressure washer and could use either. So, since he already has a pressure washer I think the best route would be foam cannon/lance. In his situation why go with a foam gun that might not be to his liking when the foam cannon is the best you can get with thick foam and much longer dwell time. I'd rather do things once than twice.
                Alan T.

Comment

Re: Have $$ .. want bad nice foam gun

As mentioned, it depends what you are loooking for. Something like the Gilmour, which is hose end, will keep your suds on the panel long enough to wipe around, so all of your soap and lubrications isnt running off. But it doesnt cling for 20 minutes and look cool....

I will say that I am not sure what advantage the soap clinging for an extra long period of time has, since I would end up with dried soap on the car, esp in the summer?

autogeek.net has several foam gun and foam cannon options, they certainly look fairly robust to me.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Lasthope05 View Post
                    In his post Fred said he has a pressure washer and could use either. So, since he already has a pressure washer I think the best route would be foam cannon/lance. In his situation why go with a foam gun that might not be to his liking when the foam cannon is the best you can get with thick foam and much longer dwell time. I'd rather do things once than twice.
                    I stand corrected

Comment

Re: Have $$ .. want bad nice foam gun

The foam cannon does produce thicker foam and it does cling longer, but you will have to do a bucket wash anyways (in most cases) afterwards. When I use the foam gun, I like the fact I can spray some soap solution onto each panel (along with dipping into the wash bucket) and follow right behind it with the wash media and have consistent lubrication on the finish as I touch it, where as you can't do that with the foam cannon (not to mention with the foam gun you can detach and rinse with the pistol grip and re-attach and resume washing). Everyone has their own way of doing things, and if it works to your standards, then that's all that matters.

Comment

Re: Have $$ .. want nice foam gun

Pressure washer + foam cannon = win.

Comment

Re: Have $$ .. want nice foam gun

Just got my order in today! with my gilmour foam gun and just as soon as weather permits I'm going to try to do a video along with a write-up using the meguiars super soap on the 1-10 setting to show the outcome, along with acouple others I have been thinking about.

I agree with you too carnut!

Yeah using a cannon does make the foamed car look cool, might get a cannon later this year to try, but when I get to thinking about using a cannon though I keep thinking about the just because.

Just because applying a thin coat of wax does what it's suppose too and does such a great job don't mean that applying alot more would be better!Just my opinion and everyone does have their own way.

Also a couple other things as well for some fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');