• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just found out how M105, M205 work with Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just found out how M105, M205 work with Flex

I love buffing the old stuff
    Used a lot of # 80 on this one

Comment

That is NICE! Have any more photos? What was your process?

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
        Good eye Bounty!

I'm sorry, I was tired after a long day in the hot sun! It is the pad shown on the right, a super soft 6.5" GOLD Concours CCS Finishing pad from Lake Country. I got it at Classic Motoring's store in Tampa. Proper Auto Care on the internet. In retrospect, it's a little too soft to follow up the PFW pad and M105, but I had primed it with M205 so I used it. May have been better to follow M105 PFW with M205 on a polishing pad to remove any light swirls caused by the PFW although I didn't see any. I took the time to make a slow speed pass with light pressure with the PFW and M105 and that brought up the gloss and removed light swirls that I could see. I don't have my canopy yet and working under my oak tree the sun/shade was "mottled" which made it difficult to see imperfections in the paint so I was going off what worked on a test section before my Brinkmann went dead. Finding angles to see the sun's reflection to inspect the paint throughout the day really gave me a nice sunburn even though I was working in the shade mostly. Next time, sunscreen!

Thank you for choosing Autopia Car Care for all your auto detailing needs. Autopia Car Care is home to the best car wax, car polishes, and detailing supplies available

Nice! I'm going to have to give those Gold pads a shot for finishing steps and wax applications. Can't wait for the Flex to arrive next week...I've just outgrown my PC.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');