• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Solvent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Solvent

Im confused about removal of this product. Some say to wipe it right off, others say to wash it off. What is the correct way to remove this product?

Re: Body Solvent

You can do either.

Some use it as a wipe on let dwell, then wipe off for spot applications. Others use it as a pre-wash soak for bugs, tar etc, and then it gets washed off in the wash process.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I've been wondering about this for a while too...just never got around to asking. Glad to know I can wash it off too since that's how I tend to want to use it.

A little bit off topic, but WOW....how did Meguiar's come up with a Solvent that smells SO GOOD? I expected it to have a strong chemical smell and was certainly pleasantly surprised the first time I sprayed it. It works well too.
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
        I've been wondering about this for a while too...just never got around to asking. Glad to know I can wash it off too since that's how I tend to want to use it.

A little bit off topic, but WOW....how did Meguiar's come up with a Solvent that smells SO GOOD? I expected it to have a strong chemical smell and was certainly pleasantly surprised the first time I sprayed it. It works well too.
        Smells sooo Good. I agree it does work well. I just picked up a gallon as my sample bottle ran out. Cuts built up tar and bug splatter great.

Comment

I apply my bug/tar products first, then wash off, then come back before clay if needed.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I usually spray around the bottom of the car before I wash it. Let it dwell a bit to help remove any road tar & bugs wash off then take a sip.
            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by hemin8r View Post
              I usually spray around the bottom of the car before I wash it. Let it dwell a bit to help remove any road tar & bugs wash off then take a sip.
              Yep..Especially on light colored cars...

Comment

I use body solvent post wash pre claying. I will try letting it sit and then wash.

Comment

my clay gums up when I use body solvent right before and don't wash it off thoroughly! Other than that, great product!

Regarding the smell comment, I wouldn't be sniffing that stuff too much; you're inhaling pretty nasty chemicals. My sinuses burn if I don't hold my breath or wear a mask when I use that stuff.
                  "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

Originally posted by hemin8r View Post

"Then take a sip" What do you use for a chaser?
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      "Then take a sip" What do you use for a chaser?
                      APC+ that is how the cool kids do it.
                      Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
                      Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Funkster View Post
                        APC+ that is how the cool kids do it.
                        Hyperdressing for me otherwise straightup
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

I like a little wheel brightner, shaken not stirred with a lemon twist.
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');