• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all of my Detailer sprayers/bottles leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do all of my Detailer sprayers/bottles leak?

Just got 2 Generic Spray bottles from my dealer yesterday, filled them with Wheel Brightener and closed them with the chemical resistant sprayer. When you press on the bottle you hear air escaping between the sprayer and the bottle... These bottles and sprayers are brand new.

Comment

I think it has to do with the way the spray bottles are designed. From my understanding they've got a small hole that allows air to flow into the bottle after spraying to equalize the pressure difference after product leaves the bottle.

Think of it this way, you start out with 10oz of liquid in the bottle and a small amount of air. If they were completely sealed as you used 2oz of the product there would be no way for air to get into the product and your bottle would get "crunched" in because of the negative vacuum.

Comment

I just lost a whole bottle of QID yesterday because of the leaking bottle... grrr... sorry all... had to vent.

Comment

All of mine leak too. It seems its the incompatibility of the sprayer heads and the bottles(both Detailer line and generic). I store mine upright but I honestly dont want Wheel brightener leaking somewhere and having to guess where it was.... kinda annoying that they do all leak

Comment

BUMP

Anyone figured out anything?

Mike?

Comment

If i buy a gallon of some from that detailer's line do i get a free secondary bottle or did you guys buy them seperate.

Comment

Buy them separate.

Comment

I have had that problem to with alot of my sprays ( NXT Spray Wax, UQD, and QD ) but now i just put them in the Generic spray bottles i got from the detailer line and no more problems
                  ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
                  Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
                  210-281-8151

Comment

If it leaks from the spayer its probably because you have the nozzle to loose. If you tighten the nozzle to make it spay more instead of squirting it wont leak. Well at least thats what I notice. Hope to answer all your problems.

Comment

Also, the sprayer heads can loosen up a bit which will cause a leak. Tighten those suckers good!

Comment

I haven't had a problem with mine. Only ones I have an issue with is the regular quick detailer that comes in the clay kit.
                        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Every bottle that I've ever owned of UQD has leaked. I can't believe it! Every one. I first thought that it may have been a fluke but all 4 bottles that I've bought from different places have leaked along with the last 2 pack that I bought from BJ's. That last one actually broke. I don't know why we're(for the most part) are having so many issues. I say, Oh well. It's a great product so I don't want to complain to Meguiar's.

Comment

Said it before I love UQD hate the bottle. I have a cheapo bottle and sprayer I poured the UQD into and it works great. Now I have been using M135 and no problems as of yet, spray bottle is a lot better then the UQD.

Comment

Mine was the sprayer head leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                                Let us see what we can find out...

Hang tight...

What did we find out because I have had whole bottles of consumer tire shine and QD leak all out? That is a big mess especially the tire shine.
                                2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');