• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 Helpppppppp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 Helpppppppp!

Hi all, Ive really made a mess now! This was the first time using M21, Ive read just about every page in this forum about the product and the different ways and toppers everyone one has been trying out. Im bug eyed and cant read no more .
    I clayed the hood about a week ago, used M80 and put one coat of NXT LIquid on. This week I noticed some bird droppings that had etched the paint that I removed yesterday and a few really light scratches that I missed. So I had a few hours to spend so I went and used ScratchX to remove the etches and light scratches. Then I decided to M80 the whole hood again(Im in need of so much help regarding this detailing bug everything is perfect, mybest M80 application ever its perfect. Now I going to use the M21 I just picked up yesterday at MC. I pull out a brand new 9006 pad for the M21, prime it and Im all set. The product seems to be going on really smooth and spreads great. Except I saw alot of powdery residue flying around. I didnt work the product till it was dry at all, it started almost immediatly. Worked on about a 1/4 of the hood at a time until I finished the first coat. Went in the house for about 20 min and came back out to remove. I found that most of the M21 had sort of disappeared. It seems most are using there PC with bonnet to remove the product, unfortunatly I cant get the Meguiar's MF Bonnets here in TO, so I tryed a Simoniz MF bonnet that was 6'' and it didnt fit the 7006 pad so I proceeded to remove by hand using a MF. Well I have streaks every where, patches light and dark and little round dots popping out in some places. I find the M21 to be greasy because when I have my hand on the MF towel and rub alittle the places I have my fingers show through, mind you Im experimenting now and moving the product around trying to figue how to get it even. I do my best to remove the M21 with a few patches here and there, and I proceed to put on a second coat. Its going on really nice alot less powdery residue flying about, so Im thinking this should be great cant wait to see the results. Tim and Joe make this product look fantastic they really are Pro's and I have always envied there work. So I get a new MF to remove the second coat and I got the same results patches dark and light nightmare. Really sorry for the long winded ? but what Im doing wrong? Ive used the NXT Liquid with great results using the same technique's. I dont think Ive heard Tim have this problem and Joe mentioned Only bad side is that it is hard to clean it off my 8006 pads!!!!!! Does this mean I should remove with PC and 8006? Help would be greatly appreciated, its going to rain soon

See this thread:

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

Thnx RedSoxRacer. Ill be keeping an eye on that one

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');