• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The power of Wheel Brightener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of Wheel Brightener

I still can’t get over how good this product is. I know it's not safe for all finishes but as long as you're careful in identifying the wheel finish before applying it you'll be fine.

The girlfriend's Mini hadn't seen a clean in over five weeks so I decided to show off just what this product can do with no agitation whatsoever. So here we go:

This is a picture of the wheel before applying the Wheel Brightener. It's dry (apart from the few runs of water off the bodywork where I'd tried some insect remover) and cool to the touch, and has (as previously mentioned), over five weeks worth of brake dust and muck on it:

I then applied Wheel Brightener (4:1) liberally, allowed it do dwell for 30 seconds or so, and then hosed it off with my pressure washer. Here's the result:

It is, quite simply, the best wheel cleaner I've ever come across. Nothing can survive the onslaught of this product, and this is the reason it's now my go-to wheel cleaner. How Meguiar's can make it so potent yet still smell of grape juice I don't know!

If you haven't got any yet go get some!

Ben

(PS - obvioulsy I went over the wheels again after this photo was taken to get the rest of the muck off)

Wheel Brightener is definitely one of my favorite Meguiar's products. It really is just SO much better than any other wheel cleaner that I've EVER used. Wheel Brightner eats almost any break dust for breakfast and then asks for seconds. Plus, the wheel just looks much brighter afterward.

I brought a spray bottle of Wheel Brightener diluted 3:1 to the wash & wax day my car club held this weekend. There were a lot of jaws hitting the ground when I showed everyone how effective Wheel Brightener is.

Comment

I agree. I love the product. I just wish it were safe on Aluminum wheels! I have a client with impossible to clean rims with lots of spokes, and Wheel Brightener dulls the finish. Actually I found that using NXT Metal Polysh restores it--removes lots of oxidation from the process, but not something you want to do.
      Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

So, Wheel Brightner is not safe on Alumnium? That is good to know. Any other types of wheels?

Comment

This is NOT the kind of wheel you want to have to detail with soap and water. The brake dust clings to it, and needs something a bit more aggressive. But applying Wheel Brightener causes this to happen.

NXT Metal Polysh is normally what I'd use to restore the finish, but I didn't have any on hand, so NXT Tech Wax was used instead.

Notice that the pad was clean, and so were the wheels. The wheels were cleaned with Wheel Brightener then washed by hand with Car Wash soap. Notice that the wheels were not black by any means before the pads became black. Notice the sharpness of the spoke reflection after the polishing.

While I found this method restores the polished wheel, it's negates all the time saving and ease of using Wheel Brightener in the first place, so don't do it!
          Richard Lin
          ShowCarDetailing
          5548 E. La Palma Ave
          Anaheim, CA 92807
          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

OctaneGuy,

What is the size of those tires? Those are seriously low profile!

Comment

Eeeek!! Now I am all nervous!!

I am still confused. Would these wheels be OK?

Comment

Looks like a polished aluminum lip from this distance. If you need to be certain take some metal polish to the lip and see if it turns black. If so, then no it would NOT be ok.

You've got a HUGE garage there bud.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Oh - and the garage, haha. It's a parking garage , not mine .

Comment

have to bring this topic back. i also tested the wheel brightener and i am really happy with it. i have some wheels on one car that i just couldnt get cleaned, now with the wheel brightener i got them clean

my question is, will the wheel brightener damage the sealant i always put on my wheels?

btw, here are two pictures of the wheels. the first photo show an already washed wheel with other cleaners. the second is a 3 minute job with wheel brightener

Comment

Originally posted by piebald
                      my question is, will the wheel brightener damage the sealant i always put on my wheels?
                      Wheel Brightener is an EXTREMELY powerful cleaner. I find after a couple of applications any protection I put on my wheels is gone.

As the Wheel Brightener seems to eat up my wheel protection I only use it every once in a while to get the wheels really clean. Once the wheels are extremely clean then I seal them. Once they are sealed I can clean them with car wash solution from my wash bucket and they get just as clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc
                        Wheel Brightener is an EXTREMELY powerful cleaner. I find after a couple of applications any protection I put on my wheels is gone.

As the Wheel Brightener seems to eat up my wheel protection I only use it every once in a while to get the wheels really clean. Once the wheels are extremely clean then I seal them. Once they are sealed I can clean them with car wash solution from my wash bucket and they get just as clean.
                        What are you sealing the wheels with and if the aluminum wheels are coated, with either clear coat or paint, wouldn't it be ok to use wheel brightener on them?

Mike
                        Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                        ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');