• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlastX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlastX

I ordered a bottle directly from Meguiars and am impressed with this product. Impressed, so much so that I took it to work and let my co-worker borrow the stuff so he could clean his hazy headlights on his '95 Continental. In about a half hour on his lunch break, he was able to get one headlight clear again. I also have noticed that it will remove light scratches from the plastic, just like it said it would do on the label.
    1996 Mustang Cobra. Laser Red Clearcoat Metallic

Hi Foxfour,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

PlastX is a super product, it's good to hear you obtained good results. Sometimes at the Saturday, "Detail Day at Meguiar's clinics, I'll pull out a peice of plexiglass, sand it down with some #2000 grit Nikken Finishing Papers and then show how using nothing but Plastx, a piece of terry cloth and some old-fashioned elbow grease, you can completely remove the sanding marks.

It used to be that this procedure would have to be performed by machine using a rotary buffer and a product like Meguiar's M-01 Medium-Cut Cleaner.

PlastX = Good product

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would agree. PlastaX really works almost hard to believe plastic can be restored. I even shines up new plastic very well, I use it all the time on my head and tail lights. Best of all its easy to use, much easier than Meguiars "Plastic System".
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        I would agree. PlastaX really works almost hard to believe plastic can be restored. I even shines up new plastic very well, I use it all the time on my head and tail lights. Best of all its easy to use, much easier than Meguiars "Plastic System".
        Does it clean any better than #17?
        r. b.

Comment

isn't #17 just a cleaner? than you have to flow with a conditioner?
          plastix is both in one. thats alittle off, but you get the direction I was going. I haven't had to do anything to bad yet but so far I haven't found anything it has been able to handle.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
            isn't #17 just a cleaner? than you have to flow with a conditioner?
            plastix is both in one. thats alittle off, but you get the direction I was going. I haven't had to do anything to bad yet but so far I haven't found anything it has been able to handle.
            Yes, it's a cleaner only...Plus I have a bottle of #10 (Clear Plastic Polish).

I guess I need to buy a bottle of PlastX and give it a try, but I like the 10/17 combo too...One time, I cleaned up the laser lens of a CD player with it! Needless to say, it worked fine after that.
            r. b.

Comment

I like both Plastx and the system... here is my 2 cents:

I think the Plastx is good for maitianing and doing some light/medium cleaning/polishing, what most people would be doing. Then step up to the more serious problems with the Plastic Collection it harder to use and takes more time but it too works very.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I'm going to use the PlastX on the clear plastic that covers the instrument gauges next. These things swirl like crazy!
                1996 Mustang Cobra. Laser Red Clearcoat Metallic

Comment

Just a comment…

PlastX contains a microscopic diminishing abrasive that the other three plastic products don't contain. It is this microscopic diminishing abrasive that enables you to remove scratches out of both flexible and rigid plastics.

It also leaves behind a protective polymer coating. I tend to use #10 after PlastX to insure 100% optical clarity.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');