• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Hi scrub,

I'm glad you like yours.

After using this one time, I knew I would never want to be without it. I show it, and encourage all of the people who attend our clinics on Saturdays to invest in one, and I promise them, they won't be sorry.

Grit Guard Insert

Mike
    Mike,

Where can I buy the bucket/dolly setup you have in the pic? I can't find it in the E-store
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

To get the dolly you have to go to the Grit Guard website because at this time we only offer the grit guard itself, not the dolly...

5 Gallon Bucket Insert, Dolly, and more. Quality Made in The USA for Car Washing, Construction, & Food Industry

I have one of these for washing cars in which the finish is in excellent condition and I want to use the two-bucket method...

Dual Bucket System

I also have the single dolly/bucket system. For example I use the single bucket/dolly system for washing my old Blazer as the paint job is really not that nice as it's a $800.00 Maaco paint job. For the Pilot however, because it's black and I keep it polished up, I use the two-bucket system when I wash it. The two bucket system is harder to use and takes longer, so anyone reading this be forewarned. If you have a car in which you have painstakingly removed all of the swirls and scratches however, you may find the extra effort worthwhile.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

To get the dolly you have to go to the Grit Guard website because at this time we only offer the grit guard itself, not the dolly...

5 Gallon Bucket Insert, Dolly, and more. Quality Made in The USA for Car Washing, Construction, & Food Industry

I have one of these for washing cars in which the finish is in excellent condition and I want to use the two-bucket method...

Dual Bucket System

I also have the single dolly/bucket system. For example I use the single bucket/dolly system for washing my old Blazer as the paint job is really not that nice as it's a $800.00 Maaco paint job. For the Pilot however, because it's black and I keep it polished up, I use the two-bucket system when I wash it. The two bucket system is harder to use and takes longer, so anyone reading this be forewarned. If you have a car in which you have painstakingly removed all of the swirls and scratches however, you may find the extra effort worthwhile.
        Thanks Mike, I ordered a few. Shipped today evidently.

I do have a question though. Does the padded seat fit directly on the dolly as well? Or does it only fit on the buckets? Then reason I ask is I was thinking it would be nice to get down that low for the wheel work and lower stuff. I ordered the 3.5 Gal bucket just in case but am hoping the seat fits directly on the dolly.
        Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by j333_76484
          Does the padded seat fit directly on the dolly as well? Or does it only fit on the buckets?
          I don't know but that's a good question, I could go out into the garage and hunt down the pads and try your idea out as I never thought about it before.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I don't know but that's a good question, I could go out into the garage and hunt down the pads and try your idea out as I never thought about it before.
            hehe, I'll be finding out the weeked anyway. I was considering buying a low profile dolly for this but will wait till I get my system and see. Even if it can't I am sure I can mod up something if need be.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

Just a couple thoughts.... Grit Guard is the way to go!

I used my fathers "Black Magic Grit-Trap Wash Bucket" it did the job but... the "Grit-Trap" floats?!?! The floating grit-trap makes it very difficult to dip your mitt in and out of the bucket, you have to keep knocking it to the bottom every time you dip the mitt. It seemed as it was supposed to "lock" in to the bottom of the bucket but just as you would get it to stick to the bottom you dip your mitt in the water and the grit-trap floated back up.

Again the Grit Guard it the way to go, its more versatile, you can move it to just about any bucket allowing for more or less water holding ability and it doesn't float! So anyone trying to decide between the two this should help.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have that blk magic I tied a washer to guard the back part stainless of course also try this website containerstore.com [edited for commercial link; 2hotford] and check out that rectangle bucket great price.
                Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                  Does the padded seat fit directly on the dolly as well? Or does it only fit on the buckets?
                  It looks like the pad goes on the lid on the bucket. So the question would be, does the lid fit on the dolly. If it does, you put the pad on top of the lid on the dolly.
                  It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');