• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpected problem after using Meguiars products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected problem after using Meguiars products

Especially after Rod Kraft's seminar, I can't seem to go anywhere or do anything anymore without people stopping me to ask me about my car and what products I use to care for it.

First it was my neighbors. The guy across the street started asking me, "What kinda wax you use?" and then, "You got anything that'll take this spot off?" Then another one asked me what I used on black plastic. "NXT eh? How do you spell that...?"

Then it was random people in parking lots.

"Nice car, you just buy it?"
    "No, it's almost a year old"
    "Oh, guess you never drive it"
    "Actually, it has over 20,000 miles on it. I need a beater"

And on and on. I can't even hit the 7-11 for a donut anymore without getting stopped. You know how many times I've been late for work?

"You're late again"
    "Sorry, someone stopped me to ask me about my car"
    "What kind of excuse is that?!"
    "Here's a pic of it on my desktop"
    "I dont care.... whoa! What kinda wax do you use?"

Just last night my carry out dinner almost froze because I got stopped by two people in the parking lot of Chicken Out. Yanno what it's like talking cars on an empty stomach?

So thanks Meguiars. Thanks for making my car look so incredible that no one will leave me alone.

Now if only you guys would come up with something that would make ME look that good, you'd be onto something. Meguiars shampoo and conditioner anyone?
    Last edited by cydewaze; Sep 21, 2004, 12:49 PM.

Same problem here, it seems everyday someone at work is asking about the paint on my truck. It gets rather bothersome at times but its great knowing you have the best looking vehicle on the block!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have people wanting me to do their cars after seeing mine.

Comment

I'm with you guys. My situation has gotten so bad that a guy passing the plate for offering in the church stopped as he passed me and said, "Man you got that Monte Carlo looking good. What are using on that thing?" Pretty bad in the middle of church service. My wife just shakes her head and smiles. My five year old daughter leans over and says, "What did he say Daddy?" I say, "He said Daddy's car looks good." She smiles and whispers loudly, "Cool." My wife shakes her head again and smiles.

Gotta love it!!

Don

Comment

Geez, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I've never had anyone ask me anything about my car.
          1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
          2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
          1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I get this all the time too. I recently did my dad's Element then drove it through town to go to the bank. In 15 minutes I had 5 people come up to me asking about the car. Amazing products do amazing things!

Chris
            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora40
              Geez, I guess I'm doing something wrong. I've never had anyone ask me anything about my car.
              It's probably because your car looks so good, they're afraid to approach you. Kinda like the hot girl without a date on prom night.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');