• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT....uh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaron33
    hammerdown,

I use NXT with a layer of carnauba wax as a topper. With this combo, I can use a spray bottle filled with water to remove bird droppings that have dried for 1/2 a day. Wax gives you protection against UV and also partial protection against airborne pollution. Try putting a slightly thicker layer by applying a pure wax on top of NXT. #16 is a good combo ...
    Thanks for the suggestion...but why then even bother with the NXT?

PS. a Meguiar's tech stated the NXT offered UV protection also.
    HammerDown

Comment

Originally posted by Bence
      #16 is discontinued maybe you can arrange a destined-for-EU tin from Mike !!!
      Mmmmmm can I have a destined-for-EU one Mike.............pleeeeeease

Bryan...............#16 & #21 fan

Comment

Blr,

Order it from www.meguiars.co.uk

IIRC it costs 12.1 pounds...

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDown
          I belive my biggest battle is the color of my new vehicle metallic black. EVERYTHING cooks on to it!
          I had hoped the NXT Paste would have at least stopped some water spotting and bug juice...nope.
          I don't think any wax will stop water spotting. That is why if you don't want water spots, you dry the vehicle. Wax will not stop bugs from splattering on the paint either.

I have a black vehicle as well, I feel your pain. All of these problems come from having IMO the best color out there.

Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion...but why then even bother with the NXT?

PS. a Meguiar's tech stated the NXT offered UV protection also.
            I use NXT for protection against UV as well as for marginal protection against bird droppings. While I have found NXT to protect my car as long as I wash the bird droppings as soon as I find them (which is on the same day), any longer will be pushing it. If I spot the droppings on the same day, I can use a spray bottle filled with water and that will get rid of the droppings without needing to wipe. But if it's on longer than a day, then I'll need to use a cloth as I think the droppings had eaten through the wax and were on the paint. We've heard about bird and bat droppings eating through clearcoats, and a wax is no where as tough as a clearcoat. If you want additional time in between the droppings landing on your paint and eating through the wax, then you'll need a thicker layer. Putting a pure carnauba on top is one way.

Most waxes will have a sacrificial UV blocker as an ingredient. But I think a Meg's rep would be able to answer this specifically better than I can.

Comment

Something else I've noticed with this NXT, is ya know how ya have that real smooth almost a buttery feel to the paint after you apply the product? Well with the NXT... it's gone in like 2 days Maybe the heat from a black color vehicle is just baking it off real quick
              Good old carnauba has that feel for several day's if not a week or so (without rain) of course.
              Last edited by HammerDown; Sep 9, 2005, 06:17 PM.
              HammerDown

Comment

must be doing something wrong there then..... ive remember someone having similar experiance as you. turns out they were cleaning off the streaks with a wet terry cloth right after waxing, not very good for NXT....

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                  must be doing something wrong there then..... ive remember someone having similar experiance as you. turns out they were cleaning off the streaks with a wet terry cloth right after waxing, not very good for NXT....
                  If it was streaking they were applying the product almost (any) product in the direct sun or on a hot surface. Not the situation with me, as I always only wash and wax out of the sun on a cool of a surface as possable.
                  HammerDown

Comment

streaking happens if u dont wipe the product off good enough, has nothing to do with heat..... streaks easily taken care of if u have decent microfiber lying around

Comment

Something else I've noticed with this NXT, is ya know how ya have that real smooth almost a buttery feel to the paint after you apply the product? Well with the NXT... it's gone in like 2 days Maybe the heat from a black color vehicle is just baking it off real quick
                      Good old carnauba has that feel for several day's if not a week or so (without rain) of course.

Read my first reply to you.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hammer,

Why you still around? You expressed your dislike for the product, now what?

Meguiars admits they can't please everybody (just most everybody as it is the best selling wax) You were thanked for trying it and offered a refund.

So my question again, now what?
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I detailed the family mini-van 2 weeks ago tomorrow with #82 and NXT. The vehicle has been washed about 3 times already, and the finish still has a fairly slick feel to it......No QD applied just yet either.
                          r. b.

Comment

HammerDown....

I too have had very good luck with NXT, wouldn't give it up for anything on my Black Lightning... sorry that you didn't feel the product was up to the test for you.

Here is a post I did with NXT: Who says NXT looses its look!?!?

What product you do use now?
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I copied this quote from another thread by HammerDown
                              So what's this #82 all about...

I used this product for my prep job after washing & claying the paint. It also did a nice job of polishing the finish too, as well as laying the foundation for a coat of NXT.

I applied all of these products with a DA (G-100).

#82 Swirl Free Polish

r. b.

Comment

They are totally different, NXT and carnauba. NXT gives very good reflections while carnauba tends to be deeper and buttery (because it is not totally clear so it doesn't reflect as good). If you want the deep buttery look, then you will have to look for a wax with lousy reflectivity!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');