• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Waxes..Confused...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Waxes..Confused...??

Hi I am new to Meguiars Products, but i have heard a lot of great things about Meguiars Products. I've been researching about these products for the past month and I plan to buy Meguiars Products, but I'm not sure what's the difference between NXT Tech Wax and NXT Spray Wax? and also I have heard about the spray wax that boosts the outcome of the Tech Wax? what product is that? do you apply that after you have applied the Tech Wax or do you apply it whenever you feel that your wax is losing that "New Wax Look". Thank You.

The tech wax is just that, a protective "sacrificial layer" over the paint. The booster wax is more of maintance wax. It more or less "fills" any areas where the tech wax has been worn. By using the booster wax, you will get the "just waxed" look assuming that when the tech wax was originally applied, the paint was precleaned first. On my Ranger, which is a dialy driver, I wax it roughly every 3-4 weeks, and use the booster wax (quik wax if I had applied #26 or NXT booster wax if it were tech wax I had used. Lately its been the tech wax.) once a week. Your waxing/ wax maintaining will depend on where your car is stored, how often driven... etc ... Also, don't forget about a spray detailer for maintance imbetween washing and waxing.
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

So the booster wax aka NXT Spray Wax is just to help maintain the NXT Tech Wax? so if i were to wax my car every week there would be no point on gettin the booster wax right?

Comment

I'm still pretty new at detailing myself so I maybe wrong, but I don't think it's necessary to wax (with NXT Tech Wax) your car EVERY week. If you'd like, you can use the the spray wax every week after a wash.

Comment

I wouldnt wax my car that often but if i were to i wouldnt have to maintain the wax with the spray wax cuz i would just be renewing the wax right?

Comment

Well, if you were to waz your car once a week then no, you would most likely not need the spray wax. With that said, using the spray wax once a week after washing is much faster than having to a normal wax job. Don't forget that everytime you wax, you must first preclean (inspect the paint and claybar or polish or paintcleaner ...etc...etc... whichever process(s) it needed). Waxing every week is most likey a little overkill. Unless you live an area which is heavy in pollutants or things which would bond to the paint and or deteriorate the wax. But hell, there is nothing worng with that kind of overkill! If you have the time then for for it!
            Rangerpowersports.com
            Ranger72

Comment

Ok thanks for the information your were a big help!

Comment

BTW, I have another question. I never waxed a car b4 and im starting now with my Benz. I was wondering with the NXT Tech Wax do I apply the wax on my even coat applicator or do I apply the wax on the car and then i start working the coat in? and also after the wax dries and is ready to wipe how should it look like? and do i just wipe the wax off gently or some applied pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by LT22
                  BTW, I have another question. I never waxed a car b4 and im starting now with my Benz. I was wondering with the NXT Tech Wax do I apply the wax on my even coat applicator or do I apply the wax on the car and then i start working the coat in? and also after the wax dries and is ready to wipe how should it look like? and do i just wipe the wax off gently or some applied pressure?
                  When applying by hand I prefer to apply the product to the vehicle rather than the applicator... Also you just want a light coat of wax should be just a light haze kind of semi-transparent... If you apply to much product it may take sometime to dry and be hard to remove.

There should be very little effort in removing NXT wax once it has properly dried. Just one or two swipes and it should be ready for a final buff, meaning... once I have removed all the wax I go back over the vehicle with a clean towel and just give it a quick final wipe.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

If your using the even coat aplicator (very nice tool) with the NXT, just apply the wax to the applicator then quickly spread over the whole panel and then go back and work it in so that there is just a light even thin coat. Once the wax is dried and ready to remove, either use a 100% plush terry or ultimate wipe (or the the new gold class larder micro-fiber towel). With the terry, fist break the surface with the towel flip it and buff gently off. With the micro-fibers, just apply light pressure with the towl folded in fours and wipe the wax off. This is where applying a thin coat really helps, if you appied it to thick, it will be thick an hard to remove. A thin thin coat of wax when applying is the only way to go!!!
                    Rangerpowersports.com
                    Ranger72

Comment

Re: NXT Waxes..Confused...??

but I'm not sure what's the difference between NXT Tech Wax and NXT Spray Wax? and also I have heard about the spray wax that boosts the outcome of the Tech Wax? what product is that? do you apply that after you have applied the Tech Wax or do you apply it whenever you feel that your wax is losing that "New Wax Look". Thank You.
                      Hi LT22,

Somewhere on the forum I've written some information on exactly what a spray wax if for, specifically NXT Spray Wax as somehow some people started positioning this product in the wrong way on other forums.

A spray wax is for giving your car that just waxed look. When you learn the technique for applying and removing a spray wax, it can be faster than applying a normal coat of wax. It is not however to be used a car that has not wax and needs to be washed, clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed, it's most definitely for cars in excellent condition that already have a good base coat of wax.

Here are two threads that talk about our NXT Spray Wax and how to apply and remove them.

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Sorry if im asking so many simple questions im just new to this and I want to do things right. I was also pondering about if wax gets on the windows or healights or taillights is it ok or safe? and do people normally wax the headlights or taillights or just on painted surfaces? I just want to make sure

Comment

Sorry if I'm asking so many simple questions I'm just new to this and I want to do things right. I was also pondering about if wax gets on the windows or headlights or taillights is it ok or safe? and do people normally wax the headlights or taillights or just on painted surfaces? I just want to make sure
                          Don't worry about your questions, this is the best forum on the Internet to get a polite answer from helpful and friendly people.

Wax won't hurt headlights or taillights, and usually, a little cleaning, polishing and waxing will keep them looking brand new and as shiny as your paint.

Meguiar's doesn't recommend using our automotive waxes on automotive glass.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I know this question is sorta off topic, but is the body brush safe on car windows? and Thanks for all the great information, its been a big help. I appreciate the the hospitality around here.

Comment

Hey,

Yes, the Meguiar's Vesra Angle Wide Body Brush is safe for glass as well as paint!

Tim
                              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');