• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep crystal step one residue ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep crystal step one residue ugh

According to fellow user advice, I decided to:
    Wash w/ nxt wash
    claybar
    deep crystal step 1
    deep crystal step 2
    Nxt liquid layer 1
    wait 12 hours
    Nxt liquid layer 2.

I just finished deep crystal step 1 and it left behind a bunch of residue. I tried hard to get it all off, what is this and do i need to get it all off before doing step 2? Im takinga break, so what should i do?
    I used 1 towel to apply and 2 microfiber towels to try and get it off.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/phenomic

Sounds like you applied it too thickly and perhaps didn't work it enough. I'd also not use a towel to apply. Buy a few applicator pads, either foam or better mf covered foam. Apply a thin coat and work it well to remove oxidation and below surface dirt. When working you should notice that it begins to turn clear. Once the cleaner turns clear it can be removed. I'd do a panel at a time. I'd initially remove with a cotton towel and follow up with a mf. This same procedure will work well with the step 2 product.

NXT is a different story. Apply NXT and work it in thin and evenly. Do the whole car and take a break before removing. Remove with a mf turning frequently. Do not rub too hard when removing as it is not necessary and only will remove some protection.

I'd wait a day and apply a second coat.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

bro,

Apply it thinly. The trick for me is to have 1 hand with the applicator pad to apply the Cleaner, the other hand carrying the microfibre towel to quickly wipe it off. I only use the cleaner to wipe harder in areas where there are deeper oxidation marks to be removed. But i still quickly remove it fast with the MF before it gets a chance to dry.

Dun let it dry. Once it dries, it's much harder to remove. If that happens, just apply the cleaner again over the trouble spot. The cleaner sort of 'cleans' the dried up residue.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like you let the #1 dry. Not a good idea as it makes removal much more difficult. Once you work the #1 into the paint you should remove it immediately.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I used a towel to apply step 1 because I didnt have enough applicators to use (only had 2 and saved em for the polish and the wax). Sounds like it dried. Not trying to hijack the thread but I have a question regarding something similar. I was polishing my grandmother's car today and the polish left behind a "residue mark" not the polish itself, but a mark left behind from wiping it off. I used my orbital buffer and went over it with a terry bonnet and it got rid of these "marks". Was that ok since it's just a polish?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');