• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT liquid wax is sexy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT liquid wax is sexy!

Well, I have to say that I'm very pleased with this wax and will stick with it. I started the day off by washing the car with dawn soap, then some # 9 SMR, followed by some Meg's deep crystal polish and finished it off with NXT liquid wax. I also got the wax for 25% off which brought it down to 11.25, I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and buying another bottle since I'll put my 2nd coat on tomorrow!

Here is one picture of my results, if you would like to see more, just let me know!

What do you guys think?

PS: Do you wash the car after using the # 9 SMR?

what kinda car is that,
    whats smr 9 and did u use a whole bottle of nxt on the car
    where did u get it cheap?
    1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue
    1998 S500 Brilliant Silver
    2001 S500 Almadine Black
    2005 C320wz Granite Grey

Comment

02' Black Jetta 1.8t

No, I used one normal coat of the NXT

SMR = Swirl mark remover, it's #9.

I have no idea why it was so cheap but all of the NXT line of products was 25% off, and I got it at G.I. Joes, a pac northwest chain.

Came out pretty nice, huh?

Comment

Nice results.

Comment

Originally posted by vdubpower
          did u use a whole bottle of nxt on the car
          You should get between 10 and 15 applications of NXT per bottle, depending on the size of the car.

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by vdubpower
            did u use a whole bottle of nxt on the car
            At first, I thought he meant he was going to buy a second bottle to do the second coat, as if he used the whole bottle on the first coat. Obviously, that was not the case.

Anyway, great looking car!!!

Comment

Good to see other Dubs on here I saw your pics on the 'tex as well, looking good! I'd buy a few bottles if you can get it that cheap. I've been waxing my 'rado every couple of weeks so I know I'll be going thru it pretty quick this year. For me to wash & wax my car takes 1 1/2 hours tops and that's w/ a beer break to make sure the wax is dry. More & more it seems that washing/waxing/cleaning my car is the way I like to unwind on the weekend!

Brian

Comment

Amazing results.

Try some #38 on the trim. It'll make everything pop that much more. You can get the black plastic of the mirrors really black.

That car looks like a funhouse mirrow... amazing!
                "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
                R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Ill pick some of that 38 up soon

I love rado's, and vdub power

Comment

Looks good, but what's that ugly smudge in the middle of the door between the handle and the mirror? j/k
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

is that a 'chrome' strip on the lower part of the door??
                      (under the molding??)

Because, if thats black paint (reflecting the weed in concrete), then that would be the best reflection shot i've ever seen...period,,,here, autopia or detail city.

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                        Looks good, but what's that ugly smudge in the middle of the door between the handle and the mirror? j/k
                        I was lookin for the smudge then I got your joke, low blow

Originally posted by karll
                        is that a 'chrome' strip on the lower part of the door??
                        (under the molding??)

Because, if thats black paint (reflecting the weed in concrete), then that would be the best reflection shot i've ever seen...period,,,here, autopia or detail city.

No chrome at all, car is all black

I do have a few more shots I took that I can post if anyone is intrested.
                        Last edited by VWturbo; Jun 6, 2005, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VWturbo
                          I was lookin for the smudge then I got your joke, low blow
                          I'm sorry, I'm a hopeless smart ###, and completely
                          Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"
                          2013 Camaro ... triple black
                          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');