• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Quik Detail Pad Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Quik Detail Pad Review

My review of the Microfiber Quik Detail Pad.

Packaging & Labeling:

The packaging and labeling was fine.

Usage Tips/Directions:

Simple but good usage tips and care tips.

Performance:

Well, this is another one of those “nifty� products and I really love this one. Even though the detail pad seems to be made with the same Microfiber as the Supreme Shine Microfiber towels, the pad feels even softer and plusher than the towels. I gave the pad a quick try with some Final Detail spray and it worked great. I love the feel of the pad and the way it spreads and removes the product evenly. In some cases, it is actually easier to use than a towel for quick detailing. This might be an idea tool to use with a quick wax product… will test this later.

My only concern with this product would be in the hands of Joe Consumer who might mistake it for a washing sponge… not a good thing in my opinion.

Value:

A “neat� product and an excellent value.

Conclusions:

I love these pads and will have several of them!

Pros:
    Very soft and plush.
    Spreads products evenly.
    Handy.
    No scratching.
    No label.

Cons:
    Could be confused as a washing sponge.

Initial Ratings:

A great product for Joe Consumer! (no car washing please)
    Consumer rating = 10

The detailing enthusiast should find this a very handy tool! Did I mention that I love these pads!
    Detailing Enthusiast rating = 10

---------------------------------------------------------
    Again, I will be doing a long-term evaluation of this product.
    Last edited by Boss_429; Apr 30, 2005, 07:28 PM.
    Boss_429

I'm OK with this accessory but not yet in love with it. I used it on both my black Hemi and my wife's silver Tacoma. At first I found it awkward to use but got over that.

The directions state,"...Use pad as you would any towel, but turn frquently for optimim results..." I think this statement is very misleading. The pad is more like a sponge (which it is) than a towel.

The Quik Detail Pad great for spreading a QD but I found that it did not remove it all that well. When I use the Quik Detail Pad in one hand to spread the QD and a microfiber cloth in the other to remove it. I think that it is a winning combination.

Tom

Comment

I started using it for light dust removal with #34. Wasn't all I had hoped for with that. Just seemed to get dirty as a towel would after one use and I didn't feel good about using it again until I washed it. I have started using them now after I am finished washing or when claying. Really like them for that. I am using them often now. Really hold a lot of liquid.

Comment

Boss_429.... Like you said kind of a "neat" product, I have yet to use it but I could see where someone might get it mixed up as a washing sponge.

Would it be better to have a 2-3 on hand for QDing or is one plenty?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I'm going to admit that I really love this Quik Detail Pad.

It's of the right size and shape for my hand. It spreads the Quik Detailer evenly and quickly and then a quick flip and I'm buffing dry with the other side.

I also like that I feel I'm holding something more substantial in my hand other than a quailty m/f.

Here's how I use it and it might help some that find it does not remove as well as it applies:

I spray half of the car at once (top and sides) (In the shade, cool surface) with a light mist of QD, then I wipe that half of the car down with one side of the pad.

Then I flip the pad to the dry side and follow up and buff it all off with ease. By the time you get to flip and go back to your starting point, you will find the excess QD to wipe off easily.

I have found by doing this some of the QD will have evaporated, but it has not dried up on you.

I dunno..this works awesome for me. And the pad works super.

Still..for those that prefer to wipe off with another m/f, this is still an incredible product.
          My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

f1guy,

That's how I use it. Works great. Basically one side for spreading the product and the other side for removal.
            -Bob
            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME
              f1guy,

That's how I use it. Works great. Basically one side for spreading the product and the other side for removal.
              Yes...I think the key is to change our ways of traditionally QD'ing a car one panel at a time.

I knew that this pad would go further and offer a best result if I worked a larger area at once.

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Yep, exactly how I use mine... they work great when used that way. Of course, that's how I use a regular MF too.
                Boss_429

Comment

I'm not sure why being confused with a wash sponge is a bad thing, these are pretty cheap, I bought a couple and actually intend to try one as a wash sponge.

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
                    I'm not sure why being confused with a wash sponge is a bad thing, these are pretty cheap, I bought a couple and actually intend to try one as a wash sponge.
                    My concern would be that the nap of the pad is not very plush or deeply tufted.

Dirt from your car would not be suspened up in the fibres like it would with the new Meguiar's Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt or Meguiar’s Ultra Plush Wash Mitt.

Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by f1guy68
                      My concern would be that the nap of the pad is not very plush or deeply tufted.

Dirt from your car would not be suspened up in the fibres like it would with the new Meguiar's Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt or Meguiar’s Ultra Plush Wash Mitt.
                      To quote from the first post in this thread "Even though the detail pad seems to be made with the same Microfiber as the Supreme Shine Microfiber towels, the pad feels even softer and plusher than the towels." If a Supreme Shine is plush enough to QD a dusty car, why wouldn't this pad be plush enough to wash with? Deep tufting like on a chenille would only help if you had huge debris, the individual tufts can grab onto grit and continue to drag it across the car (before you go off on me, I currently use chenille--some tufted, some split). I happen to not like mitts, so I am going to give this pad a whirl one of these washes.

Comment

Just my own personal experience and observation...

MF and a little "dust"... not a bad thing.
                        MF and a lot of "dirt"... a bad thing.

When an MF grabs dirt, it holds on to it like it's a magnet. The natural fibers (cotton & lambs wool) tend to release the dirt much easier.

Again, just my 2 cents... and worth every penny!
                        Boss_429

Comment

??

Hey guys, just tried to use my pad to dry off the Avalanche........ don't do it. It did take off some water but not what I figured it would since it has the sponge inside. it was worth the experiment I guess. No bigs. Just use it like it was meant to guys. Washing, I don't think I would either. The sponge tended to lose it's shape while wet.
                          Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

Can I use the Microfiber Quik Detail Pad also with NXT Spray Wax, instead of the Even Coat Applicator?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
                              Can I use the Microfiber Quik Detail Pad also with NXT Spray Wax, instead of the Even Coat Applicator?
                              You probably could but I think it would drink up and waste quite a bit of product.
                              Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');