• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! The NXT Paste is absolutely terrific!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! The NXT Paste is absolutely terrific!

I like the liquid version but I like the paste version a lot more. IMO, it is much easier to use since in paste form I find it easier to lay down a thin layer. It also sets up much more quickly so you don't have to wait as long to remove. Immediately after applying to my car (which only took about 10 minutes) it passed the swipe test. The look was very impressive. My paint looked like a pool of black! I think the paste looks a touch deeper than the liquid.

My process:

#80 Speed Glaze with a Meguiars polishing pad
    Clearkote's Red Machine Glaze with a blue Propel pad
    NXT Paste with a blue Propel pad-I used my PC wrench to dab the wax onto the pad.
    I removed the NXT Paste with an ultimate bonnet and my PC (set on 3 or 4, I don't remember which).

Even in the direct sun, my paint looks really, really black!

Not bad for nearly 7-year-old paint that was in poor shape (swirls, scuffs, paint transfers, etc) when I got the car.
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Looks good!

I am not familiar with the blue Propel pad... is it a polishing pad for the PC? If so, I would assume you applied the paste wax with your PC then? Am I on the right track?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

because of the extra work using paste with the pc are you going to go back to the liquid? Or the the difference enough that your going to stick with the paste? great job or the car. , but when it comes to your work I expect nothing but a great job.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        Looks good!

I am not familiar with the blue Propel pad... is it a polishing pad for the PC? If so, I would assume you applied the paste wax with your PC then? Am I on the right track?
        The blue Propel pad is a finishing pad but a bit more aggressive than the Meguiars finishing pad but not as aggressive as the polishing pad. Seems to have just the right amount of bite for NXT.

2000-honestly, even via pc the paste is easier to use. You can use a spatula to apply a couple small dabs on the pad. I think it is easier to get the right amount on the pad with the paste.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
          The blue Propel pad is a finishing pad but a bit more aggressive than the Meguiars finishing pad but not as aggressive as the polishing pad. Seems to have just the right amount of bite for NXT.

2000-honestly, even via PC the paste is easier to use. You can use a spatula to apply a couple small dabs on the pad. I think it is easier to get the right amount on the pad with the paste.
          I have some NXT Paste wax that I have not used yet but I want to give it a try via PC and by hand just to see the difference in application and of course the finish. I have used a paste wax only once in my short lifetime can't wait to give it a try again.

just use small dabs... how about when you first get started, do you use something to prime the pad?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

what else can be said but . It was your pics of a green MB that you did a #80/#16 combo that got me hooked on both of those (stock piled a number of cans of #16). It has been the pics of the Rolls and your car that made me decide to add NXT to the mix next time I detail the wifes CRV (we just bought a black one). Do you work the NXT in abit or do you just apply and even coat when you apply it? Also would it make much of a differance if NXT was applied with a Megs polishing pad or the finishing pad (I don't have Propels pads)?
            Ps I am sure that #16 will make it on top of the NXT after a few days for that last bit of wet.
            Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

gb387-I don't really prime the pad but I kind of move the pad around on the paint with the PC off initially to spread the product out a bit.

bluemoon-with Meguiars pads, I prefer to use the polishing pad with NXT. I work it in using light pressure and 2-3 slow passes per panel.

I added a second coat of NXT Paste by hand on Sunday and washed my car and topped with #16 on Tuesday and yes, it kept the NXT look but made it a bit wetter and deeper.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

Comment

Scott,

What do you use to clean your pad after using NXT??? I find it really hard to clean all of the product out of the pad.
                  Swirls? I don't see no stinkin' swirls!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamVegas
                    Scott,

What do you use to clean your pad after using NXT??? I find it really hard to clean all of the product out of the pad.
                    I am not trying to answer for Scottwax, but what I found yesterday that works for getting NXT out of pads, is to let them soak for 4-5 hours in water and Dawn, then rinse out thoroughly. Meguiars does not recomend washing pads, so this was done at my own risk.

Comment

So it's not just me then! I do see a difference with the NXT Paste, it is a bit deeper than the liquid. And I also think it is easier to apply and remove. I like the #21 a lot too, but since I am not a pro detailer so I don't need the huge bottle so NXT Paste makes more sense to me. And Meguiars does say that the NXT is its best protecting wax/sealant.

I can't wait to try it by machine!

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by TeamVegas
                        Scott,

I just wash them enough to clean the surface of the pad. NXT is some pretty tough stuff to completely wash out, so I just concentrate on the surface so it doesn't get overloaded with product.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');