• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versa Angle Wide Body Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versa Angle Wide Body Brush

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

The product is well packaged and easy to remove if you have a pair of scissors handy. The packaging allows you to feel the softness of the brush which should be a good selling point.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

The instructions are helpful and clear. They should be easy to understand by someone who would buy this brush.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?

While the bristles are soft enough to form to most every contour on a car and get into the nooks, grills and other hard to clean areas with ease, I didn't need to reverse the handle to do any of them.

I have washed two black Honda's with this brush and noticed no marring of the factory paint even though both cars were fairly dirty. The brush was easily capable of removing bugs and bird droppings with just a couple passes.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

I am surprised that the cost is what it is and that the product performs as well as it does for the price.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

I had no trouble standing on one side of my car and reaching to the other side. As stated prior, this brush does an excellent job of cleaning all parts of my car including the front and rear spoilers and bumpers. It also rinses clean between dippings.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

Product seems as though it would be safe as long as the directions are followed.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

The brush seems well made, properly weighted and soft in the right places to keep me happy for a long time. This brush will see lots of use for the times that I actually do wash.

Overall

I didn't expect much from this brush as the clear on my car is very soft and will damage when you look at it. I picked a day that included a car that was very dirty on a windy day and even washed in the sun. I was asking for it. This brush made short work (it's just an Integra) of the wash and the results were much better than I expected. I was able to clean the entire car without much bending or having a wet mitt in my hand. The brush cleaned very well and didn't seem to disturb the LSP that is currently on the car. I will make sure that I always have one of these around the house.
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Dang....Beaten to the punch again....!

Great review SpoiledMan, and as I have done with Boss_429, I will now do to you and piggy back your comments and add my own....lol

Well...I'm not a big fan of body brushes and am very reluctant to use them. However....this new brush is about to redeem my faith in them.

How it can be so incredibly soft is beyond me. I sat with it and passed my hand over the bristles so many times and could not believe how soft it was. I kept saying to myself...is it safe..it's very soft..but is it safe????

Well..I own a black car and I know how to get it back to looking new if the brush does any harm, so what am I worried about right?

So..out to the car with brush in hand and start about my wash.

It really has a good reach and I find it holds a lot of suds in the bristles and cleans well without agressive action. I just did my best to let the brush work under it's own weight and it did a fine job of removing the dirt. It does find all the nooks and crannies with ease and it was nice to not have to bend down to reach the very bottom of the car. It rinsed well in between sections of the car and was very easy to handle.

It did a good job of removing dead bugs of the windshiled and I was able to get a bit more agressive with the brush on the windows and the bristles while being soft did not bend to a point of being useless.

So now I'm done....and I'm wondering..what have I done to my paint??

Nothing..nada....amazing.....not a mark to be found. Just clean paint. And it took me about 5-7 minutes less than normal to wash the car. I'm delighted to say the least. I do not need to buff the car...whew!

This brush is just the right size and weight. It has great versatility with the handle that can change position.

I will use for sure on my next few coming cars and hope but feel confident that I will have the same results.

All..you really must feel how soft the bristles are. It just might make a person like me change their mind about using a brush and feel good at having another great affordable product in hand.

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

SpoiledMan,

Nice review!

I will be doing my review of the body brushes soon. The two things that surprised me were... how soft the bristles really were, and how much water and suds the the brushes held. A lot of body brushes that I've tried in the past have lost the suds and water by the time you reach the paint after dipping in the suds bucket.

Now, I'm not sure I'm ready to throw away all my lambswool or 100% cotton mitts. However, the brushes did surprise me!
      Boss_429

Comment

Nice review... I have yet to try the body brushes but I plan to do it in the near future.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I too really like the brushes. I've used them twice on my black Hemi and on my wife's silver Tacoma. Not a bit of marring. Easy to use. They work well on the dirt I collect from driving on my gravel roads. I haven't tried them on heavy mud and I don't think that I will. I'll hit the coin op spray wash first to get the heavily caked stuff off.

The brushes *do* hold a lot water. It takes a long time for them to dry. Make sure that they are stored bristle up.

Tom

Comment

Would a brush like this be ok to use on wheels too? (With car shampoo)

On the other hand, maybe it would be best to use a separate brush for that, as I do now.

I never cared for a body brush before, but I need to check this one out.
            r. b.

Comment

Hey RB,

I would not use the same brush for the wheels and the paint. IMHO, it would be safer to use a dedicated brush just like using a dedicated buffing pad.

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim,

I was thinking along those lines too.

It's one of those questions where you already know the answer just after it's posted.
                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');