• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Liquid vs. Paste???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Liquid vs. Paste???

Hey all,

My first post

Just wondering what the difference is between these two? Which is better, longer lasting, advantages, dis-advantages?
    Cheers!

Rob

They are the same formula, it is user preference that sets the two apart. For those applying by hand, it is sometimes easier to use the paste version and a foam applicator. For those who chose to apply by machine i.e. G-100, PC, ect. the liquid version is suited the best.

Comment

Really? The paste is easier to apply by hand? I've used liquid most. You've got me thinking now.

Why do you say it's easier than the liquid?

Also, there is no truth to my theory that the paste is a more durable finish?

Thanks and
      Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Hey,

Besides the obvious, there is no difference between the paste and liquid form of NXT.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I don't think durability will be an issue between the paste and liquid versions of NXT. As far as hand application, it's preference mainly, I really like paste waxes when applying by hand, simply spin the applicator in the tin and go. It's easier to control the amount of wax you are putting on the pad, sometimes liquids can go on a little too thick in places (same can be said for pastes). Our two responses show that what it comes down to is user preference. My suggestion would be to try them both and see which you like the best.

Comment

Great! Thanks for all the answers guys!

What a great idea Meguiar's had with this forum!
            Cheers!

Rob

Comment

I found by using the paste- you seem to apply a thinker coat which comes off harder and leaves more white powder.... I MUCH perfer the liquid by both hand a PC.... hate the paste- thats just my input
              1989 Mustang Notch- Twin Turbo
              2004 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat - Lifted
              2002 Polaris Sportsman 700
              2003 Yamaha R1
              2004 Skidoo Renegae 800

Comment

Funniest thing. When applying the paste wax by hand I get a thinner application than I do when I apply the liquid wax by hand. I found the paste wax very easy to remove by hand. I guess it all depends on personal technique.

Tom

Comment

I agree.. the paste wax gives a much thinner coating. The problem could be in the technique. With the paste wax and foam applicator, the foam only need touch the wax, and given the lightest of spins, gives enough wax for half a door or more.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                    Funniest thing. When applying the paste wax by hand I get a thinner application than I do when I apply the liquid wax by hand. I found the paste wax very easy to remove by hand. I guess it all depends on personal technique.

Tom

That is probably why the NXT Paste Wax is easier to use. But when I used #26, I found the liquid a little bit easier to use.

Scottwax found the NXT Paste very easy to use with the PC.

As far as durability I don't know yet. IMHO the paste version of NXT seems to have a deeper more reflective shine.

RamAirV1
                    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');