• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review Versa-Angle Body Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Versa-Angle Body Brush

I borrowed this format from forum member scrub

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

Yes, well packaged and easy to read. Sharp too, as I cut my thumb while opening the package. Imagine a paper cut only deeper and inflicted by plastic. My fault for being overly enthusiastic while opening the package.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

Instructions? Who needs instructions. Honestly though, they are helpful and mention using the two bucket method and to work from top to bottom.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?

"Brush head reverses to fit every contour." I don't know about EVERY contour, but it does reverse.

"Super soft bristles will not scratch paint." I did not notice any marring of paint using this brush.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

I was actually surprised at the price. Thought it would cost more.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

It was a little hard for me to use on the lower areas of the car. Partly because it's a heavy brush and I did not try changing the angle of the brush. Also, it took a little more effort to get some of the tough/dirtier spots clean.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

Seems safe enough. The two bucket method is recommended of course. I use a grit guard and just made sure to rinse often.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

Seems well made. Bristle tips are very soft. Very hefty weight.

Overall

I would like to try the wide version of this brush and see if I like it better. I have a feeling I will. I wasn't as thrilled about this brush as I was about the wheel face brush. If I had to choose between a high quality mitt or this brush, I would choose the mitt. Again, I would like to try the wide brush and see how it compares.
    Last edited by gone2vegas; Apr 11, 2005, 05:55 PM.

I have used this brush twice and agree with your comments. It is a veryb high quality brush and does not scratch at all. And yes, it is heavy. It did miss a few spots and I think that is due to the size. My Viking (100% cotton) wash mop is about the same size and it misses spots too.

I really want to try the Wide version as I think it will be perfect. I get the impression the standard sized brush was meant for doing trim and smaller hard to get at areas. It is perfect for doing the grill/air intake area on my GTO. No other brush or mop has been able to do a good job cleaning that area. This is reason enough to have the brush.

Overall, I do like this brush a lot. I just wish it was bigger. It cleans off very easily in the rinse bucket, even without a grid guard.

I always use a sharp pair of scissors to cut open these hard blister packs. The blister packs can be deadly on hands and fingers as you just found out. They do a good job of protecting the brush though.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Good write up. Have I seen that review template before? I like the "overall" you added and will add that to my future reviews. Good idea.

Now for the brush review. I was using the wide body brush thinking its a tad to large for the front grill area and a smaller brush might work well for that area. So I think the brushes should compliment each other.

The wide body makes quick work of washing a car and does a good job with coverage and dirt removal. The only areas I can recall that would benefit from the smaller brush was the front grill, cowl and windshield wiper area, and the back bumper area. I would imagine the mini body brush would be good for the lower part of a vehicle too.

Good info there. I was trying to convey the same thing you did about the weight of the brush. Meguiar's didn't skimp on the materials to make the brushes that's for sure.

Thanks again

Comment

I forgot to mention that. It would be great for lower body panels too.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Just to add I did miss a few spots with my wide wash brush the first few times I used it, but after that initial learning curve it's doing just as well of a job as a wash mit.
          Later,
          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');