• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of the new GC Wheel Face Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of the new GC Wheel Face Brush

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

Again still the same high standard for packaging of the new accessories. Including the “If you love cars, We guarantee you’ll love this� 100% satisfaction guarantee.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

Instructions are helpful. The instructions give a few tips that were very helpful.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?
    Claims
    “Incredible versatile interchangeable handle� Agree as the handle was able to be switched to change the cleaning angle of the brush. In addition the handles for the new brushes are interchangeable to increase or decrease reach with the brush

“Brush head reverses to fit every contour� Not sure about this claim… The handle can be reversed to change the head angle. If that’s what is meant.

“Super soft bristles will not scratch wheel� Agree. The brush seems pretty safe so far. I have yet to use the brush on chrome rims yet.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

I’d say this product is a good buy, nothing like having the proper tool for the job.

I hate to mention it but this is an objective review. After rinsing the brush I shook the brush to remove the excess water and the brush head (bristles and plastic head) detached from the brush backing. Not the brush head to the handle but the bristles and plastic plate that holds the bristles. Now the bristle pad comes off pretty easy. I’m not sure if I misused the brush by shaking out the excess water. On Monday morning I called customer service and they will make it right by sending out a new brush right away. I took the opportunity to stock up on some more supplies anyway.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

1. There is a lot of brush there. The brush is full size and has some mass to it.
    2. The brush easily handles the little nooks and crannies of the wheel face. The lip of the rim and the corners of the spokes are no problem with a little elbow grease to manipulate the brush head properly.

I see the opportunity for a gain in speed, efficiency, and quality of my work using the brush once I develop the right technique with the brush.

The brush does have to be manipulated around the wheel face to clean all the hard to reach areas. It can be done quite easily. The flexible bristles aid in reaching the hard to reach areas. I use soap and water to clean wheels and had very little to no brake dust that was left behind (nothing more than usual).

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

Again if you wash cars then this products is for you.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

Bristles are very soft and flexible. The brush head and handle have soft rubber trim in the proper places to protect the vehicle and rim from damage while using the brush.

I used mine for the first time last weekend and was happy with the results. Used it on my wife's minivan and my pickup in conjuction with Meg's wheel cleaner spray. I was able to get most of brake dusk and other gunk that I would normally have to get with a rag and finger tips. Definitely a

Comment

I went to Pep Boys yesterday to get a couple oil filters and as I always do, I take a look at what Meguiar's products make it to their Cleaning/washing/detailing aisle. To my delight I found this brush. It made cleaning the wheels of my wife's 97 Maxima very easy. I've used rags and wash mitts in the past and this brush definitely works much better.

Comment

X2

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');