• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT vs Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT vs Quick Detailer

My pal and I tried an experiment. Each of us applied NXT on one half of the hood of each of our cars, and Quick Detailer to the other half. His Mustang Cobra is red, my Mustang GT convert is black.

When finished, we could tell NO DIFFERENCE between the NXT half and the Quick Detailer half.

Both were applied from the spray bottle. Both products went on and were polished off the same. There was no difference in the effort required to remove either product.

When finished, rubbing our fingers across the surface revealed no difference in the "feel" of the surface. Water splashed on the hood beaded exactly the same for either half of the hood.

Then, we smelled them, looked at them and tasted them and could tell no difference.

My suspicion: These two products are identical, except for the container they are sold it.

Please respond.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online

Thank you for your patronage. While these two products may appear to be the same to you, they are in fact significantly different formulas. They are both similar in that they are mist & wipe spray detailers, but if you were to view the chemists formula you would quickly realize how different they are.

Meguiar's is about offering our customers choice, some people will always love Quik Detailer, a product we brought in 1981, while others will find our NXT Generation product more suited to their preferences.

We will still continue to make both and if you are ever unhappy with any Meguiar's product, we encourage you to take advantage of Meguiar's OVER THE TOP Customer Satisfaction Policy of backing our product with a full money back guarantee!

Customer Care Hotline 1-800-347-5700

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: NXT vs Quick Detailer

Originally posted by Chuck

Then, we smelled them, looked at them and tasted them and could tell no difference.
      Hi Chuck,

Not quite sure exactly which two products you were comparing. Like Mike said, Meguiar's will make it right if you are not satisfied.

However, I can recommend that you DO NOT "taste" detailing products.......... not a good thing!
      Boss_429

Comment

I have used both on slightly dusty cars.

NXT provides more protection against marring a slightly dusty vehicle.

Quick Detailer is great for after washes.

My own 02

Comment

both products work great, I liked the NXT

Comment

Nxt is an awesome product. Highly recommended.

Comment

I just went through the same type of comparison this week with both those products. I did a little spring cleaning last weekend, cleaning up my mini-van. It turned out to be beautiful week, but the van did get dusty throughout the week. I washed and waxed on Saturday, and then got to use my new NXT Speed Detailer to clean 'er up on Tuesday. Worked good, van looked great but I did notice that it just didn't seem to have that "slickness" that the Quik Detailer has...which I found out later. On Thursday, I again cleaned up the van using my trusted Quik Detailer. I noticed a few things. The QD seemd to go on and come off better. It left the surface "slicker", or as I like to put it...silkier, and my van seemed cleaner, maybe even a lttle more reflective than the NXT ??

It wasn't that the NXT wasn't good, it was that the QD was just better...atleast in my opinion. I will continue to use the NXT till the bottles gone, and maybe using it more will change my opinion...but I think for me I will stick with the QD.

Matt
              Last edited by heebzman; Apr 8, 2005, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Quick Detailer v. Speed Detailer (NXT)

Forum Members,

Newbie here, but I couldn't resist because I have strong feelings about this topic. I have an indigo ink Matrix XRS which I drive only in the dry a couple of times per week. I don't wash because I keep it dry (per the Hotline recommendation), but I do a complete detail after each drive. I had been a loyal Quick Detailer guy until the Speed Detailer came out. Here are my thoughts:
                The Quick Detailer, in my view, does not come off as easy and it leaves a haze you can only see in the sunlight. Kind of a slight greasy residue. Now, I agree, if you work it really hard, this problem is reduced, but when it takes extreme effort, you are going to miss spots. If you don't care about that, you probably aren't on this forum.
                I stronly believe that the Speed Detailer finishes easier, and does not leave a haze or residue. I consider the SD to be more definitive. What I mean by that is if it is still there, you can easily see it; and when it's gone, it's really gone.
                I will admit that the first time I used the SD, I was a little skeptical. Change is hard. However, after learning the nuances of the product, the NXT Generation Speed Detailer is the better product. Again, just my experience and opinion.

Revman
                2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
                Indigo Ink

Comment

IMHO, there is a significant difference between Quik Detailer and Speed Detailer. The Speed Detailer provides a lot more gloss, and this is most noticeable in the sun. It is a lot slicker too.

There are some parts of my GTO, like the rear bumper, that have not been waxed in a few months. Just for fun I used some Speed Detailer on the rear bumper to see how it worked on a finish that is in need of a waxing. Much to my surprise, it went on and wiped off very easily! Other QDs, including the Quik Detailer, will normally drag and be difficult to wipe off on a finish that needs to be waxed. And after I was done, the bumper felt slick, just like it had been waxed. And there was a noticeable increase in gloss.

The Speed Detailer has never streaked for me, even when I applied it too heavily, bubba-proof if you will. The Quik Detailer would streak when applied too heavily. The cause is user error, but it still did not happen with the Speed Detailer.

Another plus of the Speed Detailer is that is provides some protection, while the Quik Detailer does not to my knowledge.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the Speed Detailer smells better. The Quik Detailer is a good product, but I prefer the Speed Detailer. It appears to be selling well here. The local Meijer store was getting low, and they have restocked it. That's a good sign.

To each his own I guess.

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

NXT Tech Wax vs NXT Spray Wax

Can someone tell me the difference between the NXT Tech Wax and the NXT Spray Wax

The Tech is 2.5 times the price of the Spray.

Are there different situations where you would use one over the other?

Thanks!

Great products. I've used Mequires for years...

Comment

NXT tech wax (liquid or paste) is an actual lsp or (wax). The spray wax is just a booster that you can use after washing or QD'ing to bring back the shine, it doesn't provide much protection.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');