• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Paste on new Subaru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Paste on new Subaru

Curiosity made me decide to try this product on my new satin white car rather than NXT liquid or new GC liquid.

As others have said, the paste physically is not anything exceptional. It smells like NXT. It seems really to be more of a "hard jelly" than a wax, and that's how it spreads, too.

I was working on clean, unwaxed, UNSWIRLED factory paint. What a joy! The paint was "squeaky". I used QEW and clayed a bit; the clay picked up nothing (Subaru ships their cars with a white plastic coating on them), so I stopped and went right to the wax. The temperature in the garage was right around 50*. IMO, that is a bit too cool for this product. I found it difficult to get a thin coat, and spreadability was not the best.

Nevertheless, it came off easily, regardless of how thickly it was clumped in some spots, and left a nice slick, shiny, smooth surface.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to the white not photographing well; because of the late afternoon sun and the satin white, I couldn't get any "pop", but it's there. It looks like... well, it looks like NXT.

I really think that I'll have to wait for warmer weather to better assess the difference between the useability of the past and the liquid. Truth be told, I wouldn't have tried the paste in this weather except for that it's new and I was curious. I would have used the liquid in this cold.

Tom

Last edited by Mosca; Feb 25, 2005, 03:26 PM.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

For a contrast, here's the new GC liquid on the Miata. I did this about 2 months ago; it's been in the garage most of that time. I've driven it once or twice since then.

Tom

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Nice work as usual on both rides. Is the Subie a Legacy GT? Is the Subie a a pearl white? I would agree with what you are saying about low temperatures and working on a new car with near perfect paint.

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

It's a 2.5i Limited. I considered the turbo, but one forced induction car is plenty. I didn't want that high a payment, and I don't want to be tied to premium gas on both cars. And the deal was unbeatable (it'd better be, I wrote it myself). It's leather, sunroof, etc etc etc.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');