• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color x

I bought a bottle of color x just to give it a try when i tried it i worked it by hand, on the trunk lid on my wife's car can you use this with DA?
    Would this be a good follow up after UC

Scott
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Re: Color x

Yes, it can be used with a DA.

As far as a follow-up to UC, you could. Depends what you are trying to do.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you want to ensure any light hazing is removed while applying a coat of wax then Colorx is a great option. However, on some paints. Colorx may not pull out even very minor hazing. It is a great AIO though.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Thanks for the replying back, for removing hazing i would need ether scratch x or swirl x right? to completely remove hazing. Or something milder.
        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

If the paint is hazing from UC on a regular pad, it is probably soft, so ColorX or SwirlX would have a chance. Never can say 'definitely' with those kind of things.

Comment

I think you've told me about this Murr, but to be sure:

Say you've used UC and have hazing, then use SwirlX or ColorX and still have slight hazing... using M205 finishing polish should eliminate the remaining hazing, correct?
            '69 Dodge Charger 'General Lee' (Smith Brothers Restoration)
            '00 White R34 GT-R V-Spec
            '04 Blacked-Out E55 AMG
            '03 Blacked-Out H2 Hummer
            '09 Blacked-Out ML63 AMG... + more

Comment

Originally posted by l SIC l View Post
              I think you've told me about this Murr, but to be sure:

Say you've used UC and have hazing, then use SwirlX or ColorX and still have slight hazing... using M205 finishing polish should eliminate the remaining hazing, correct?
              Well, to say "Use UC then Swirlx OR Colorx" makes a big difference. SwirlX has a decent amount more bite than ColorX, which would allow it to remove anything left by Ultimate Compound easier.

Now, if your paint is so soft that SwirlX leaves haze, then you could try ColorX and see what that does. Very, very few paints will haze that easily, though. That's basically unheard of.

At that point I would take a look at technique and what is being used to apply and remove the product as possible causes.

As for M205, that has more bite than ColorX, but both should finish out very well without hazing.

Comment

Yeah, hazing after SwirlX/#205 would be rare. Hazing after ColorX (which is milder, and has wax to lubricate things) is almost unheard of.

Comment

If the paint hazes after Colorx I would return the car.
                  Tedrow's Detailing
                  845-642-1698
                  Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Usually would be a re-paint that has the extra sensitive paint... but even the 'Challenge of Sensitive Paint" article was on a new car.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');