• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC1. I underestimated it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC1. I underestimated it.

In my other post i mentioned how I thought the new Ultimate Compound is excellent. Well after I got through playing around with that, i used DC1 on his motorcycle trailer that just sits outside in the elements. Isnt in bad shape, just kinda of faded a little from the sun.
    -So i used DC1 Paint Cleaner on 1 i section of it WITH MY pc 7424. The first 16x16 section i worked for maybe 45 seconds, and the rest of the panel i did maybe 20-30 seconds. I could definitely tell a difference after doing the one panel, and the first section I did for about 45 seconds was clearer than the rest of the panel, so if i did about 30-45 seconds on each application it should look pretty good.

I highly underestimated this product.

Last edited by 02zx9r; Apr 16, 2009, 10:00 AM.
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Re: DC1. I underestimated it.

didnt know DC1 was that strong,

quite impressive.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I didnt realised it was that crazy either...hmm

Comment

looks like you got a lot of work left to do..........hehehe

Comment

The panel you finished looks great. What a difference.

Many people under estimate the power of the consumer line products.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by bsibold View Post
            looks like you got a lot of work left to do..........hehehe
            I do, but in all honesty, I am guessing it would maybe take about 30 minutes to get the whole thing cleaned up. Maybe an hour total to get it cleaned and then waxed.
            2005 Honda CRF250R
            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
              The panel you finished looks great. What a difference.

Many people under estimate the power of the consumer line products.
              I have had the 3 step DC system for probably over 1.5 years and never really looked twice at it, I actually forgot I had it in the basement. Im glad I found it again.

And in all honesty, I used it a little bit on my bumper and it work just as god as UC in getting it clean and getting the brownish stuff off the bumper, but there were some scratches that I wanted to get out too so i just used the UC instead for faster work.

I will upload a 50/50 picture tomorrow to show how it worked on my bumper
              2005 Honda CRF250R
              2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                didnt know DC1 was that strong,

quite impressive.
                Sorry, I forgot to mention that I used a 4" orange erasure pad, so I am sure that helped it along. But when I do the rest I am probably going to use a 6.5" LC white
                2005 Honda CRF250R
                2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Shot of my rear bumper with the DC cleaner step one of the 3 step system. It now matches the rest of the car.

2005 Honda CRF250R
                  2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

The Deep Crystal System is actually a very good system, it's complete, it's simple and effective.

Once in a while you'll see the uniformed dissing it because it's OTC, that's why a couple of summers ago I used the DC System on purpose to hand rub-out this 1948 Packard, just to show what less than $30.00 of OTC or Over The Counter Products could do and kind of those that think just because you can buy a product over the counter somehow it's not as good as a product that cost a lot more and has to be ordered online.

$30.00 of OTC Products

Reward for one day's work with $30.00 of OTC Products

The Deep Crystal System is a great system, it helps to know how to properly apply and remove the products but that's what this forum is for.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Awesome job. Well he didnt quite pay me that, matter of fact he doesnt want to pay me anything but he will pay me to hit up his Harley Electraglide ultra classic.

Im looking at doing the trailor just to learn to use the products. Will try it by hand as well just to learn the process
                      2005 Honda CRF250R
                      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Originally posted by 02zx9r View Post
                        Awesome job. Well he didnt quite pay me that, matter of fact he doesnt want to pay me anything but he will pay me to hit up his Harley Electraglide ultra classic.

Im looking at doing the trailor just to learn to use the products. Will try it by hand as well just to learn the process
                        Experience is a type of pay that can keep paying for the rest of your life!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');