• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claybar or Liquid Claybar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claybar or Liquid Claybar?

lucky man getting photos with Chip! Of all the customizing shows on tv, overhaulin' is BY FAR the best. No stupid "gangsta" **** like Pimp My Ride or Unique Whips.

Comment

Chip seems to be a great and down to earth person too, Boyd Collington (RIP) came off as a jerk and his top guys as even worse. Chip started with Boyd and BC's best painter joined Chip's team which really burned his tires Though Chip has some pet peeve with side mirrors
      on cars and trucks, which to me is a kind of safety issue in city traffic and high speed roads. Despite that Chip is still the best car designer around.

Westcoast Customs is much better bunch of people to their own staff than what the guy from Unique comes off as..... before I get modded I best

Comment

nice job, thanks for the great review
        mujjuman

Comment

WELCOME

Great write up and testing .

Comment

I already find claying with QD is a quick solution!

It's great fun to do....

That was some amount of dirt

Nice pics taken with Mr.Foose!!!!!

Comment

Nice job, very informative

Comment

The liquid clay bar is simply amazing. My truck was about 15 months old when I did the first wax on it. It had very bad water spots from a solution that I used with a pressure washer and left all sorts of spots on it including the windows. It made the paint look horrible and the glass is still ‘stained’ with horrible water spots.

Against my better judgment (desperation does that), I decided to use the liquid clay bar with a random orbital buffer. I was amazed with the results. I had tried 3 different products on my truck to try and get the spots off including ultimate compound, but nothing worked. I then tried the liquid clay bar on the buffer and noticed twice the improvement of any of the others products I had tried. I went ahead and applied it one more time, and made sure to apply it thoroughly. I then took the hose to the truck and washed off the residue. It says to use a wet rag, but I found just doing a regular wash yielded better and easier results. Once I dried off the truck, I was amazed. Not only were all of the spots gone, but it had polished the surface and it looked GREAT. After doing the whole truck, I washed it very thoroughly and then dried it. I let it sit in the garage overnight and the next day I applied Tech Wax 2.0. The truck looks better now than it did when I bought it. The shine is amazing, and the paint is perfect.

Even 4 months later, the shine is amazing. The truck still looks better than the day I bought it new.

Comment

I think the concept of "liquid claybar" is what one calls an oxyroman .

The idea is that clay will "grip" and "grab" those bonded surface contaminants. I just don't see a liquid "grabbing" contaminants like the solid claybar does .

Thanks for the review! I already knew the answer the very first time I saw such a chemical on the shelf at the store, but your review happily confirms my suspicions.

Comment

I saw some liquid claybar at big lots recently. Already had the smooth surface clay kit so I went right by it.

Comment

a simple effective write up

thanks

Comment

There is no short cut to claying a car/truck, it takes time and effort. Kind of like anything worth doing if it's done to fast it won't last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruclee View Post
                          There is no short cut to claying a car/truck, it takes time and effort. Kind of like anything worth doing if it's done to fast it won't last.
                          I'd have to disagree. This was a step towards getting the finish on the vehicle. It was not the finish itself. I WILL be using this on every vehicle from now on assuming I can locate it.

If surface contaimination is heavy, I would follow up a traditional clay bar with this product....no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by P90wn3r View Post
                            If surface contaimination is heavy, I would follow up a traditional clay bar with this product....no questions asked.
                            I've gone and got one of these ($30 here in Australia (normal claybar kits are aroud $45-$50)) - I intend to use the liquid product and then follow it up with a regular claybar - especially if people are getting some leftover film residue, I can't see why you'd want to use this after a regular claybar...

Comment

clay bar is ment to capture and pull out dirt, the applicator just doesnt have the same power as the clay bar. i have seen a foam square with what feels like a rubber surface that is apparently almost or just as good as clay bar but a foam applicator? just doesnt sound like it would catch pull and protect the paint like a clay bar would...

Comment

Up here in canada with the winter coming it's near impossible to do a clay bar treatment but in the spring it'll probably be a really good idea with winter's rock/chip and salt damage. NXT 2.0 has done a nice job of protecting my car and I only waxed it once with a double coat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');