• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer Brushes etc Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Brushes etc Reviews

**Bump** Repost

Hey Everyone,

I finally had a chance to try out several of Meguiar's new Accessories! I have to say, some of these products have made my detailing days so much easier!! Items tested were:

Ultra Plush Wash Mop
    Versa Angle Tire Brush
    Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush
    Safety Tip Wheel Spoke Brush
    NXT Tire Cleaner

First off, my truck is my pride and joy. I am always leery about trying out new products on it, especially brushes! As you will see my fears were definitely unfounded! After wetting down the truck, I started on the wheels. I used Meguiar's Wheel Brightener and the Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush. The brush has very soft fibers that conform to the different angles present on the wheel. My OEM wheels have a hub cover that is difficult to clean at the best of times. The Wheel Face Brush easily got into the crevices, thereby cleaning the wheels. After rinsing, I thoroughly looked at the wheels for any type of marring caused by the brush. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any marring! This brush cleaned the wheel beautifully. Granted, I did use the Wheel Brightener that in no doubt also greatly helped the cleaning process. Either way, I am happy with the results and this is what matters to me!

I proceeded to use Meguiar's Safety Tip Wheel Spoke Brush. When I saw it in the package, I thought that there was no way that brush would fit into the holes in my wheels. Boy was I wrong! The bristles are very soft and easily cleaned the holes in the wheel! This product saved me a ton of time rather than doing eash individual hole by hand!

I then cleaned the tires using the NXT Tire Cleaner. The Tire Cleaner has a very pleasant scent. It comes out in foam and easily covers the tire. It has a fairly long hang time that prevents the product from running/dripping on to the wheels. I used the Versa Angle Tire Brush to clean the tires. The brush's stiffer bristles really help to clean the tire. My only suggestion would be changing the shape of the brushes head. Because of the high front edge on the brush, I could not clean the tires edge closest to the ground. If the brush had a slimmer head design it would definitely work better in my opinion.

Since my F250 Super Duty sits high in the air, as well as has a canopy with boat on the roof, cleaning the roof is no small chore!! When I heard about the Ultra Plush Wash Mop, I thought finally I could reach the roof without the risk of breaking my neck from falling off a ladder while using the wash mitt! The Wash Mop is probably my favorite accessory as it works perfectly! The Mop head holds a LOT of soap and is so soft that there was no marring visible after using it! Awesome!

In the end, I was really, really happy with the new accessories! If Meguiar's can make that slight change to the head design of the Tire Brush, life would be perfect!

The finished result!

Cheers!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Re: Consumer Brushes etc Reviews

Did you wash the boat too? The wash mop would be just about mandatory for that task!

I agree with your review of the Ultra Plush Wash Mop! It's great, and helps save my back from stooping to wash the lower body panels. This is my go to car wash accessory, along with the Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush.

Those sidewalls look so tall as I'm used to working on low profile tires!

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
      Did you wash the boat too? The wash mop would be just about mandatory for that task!

I agree with your review of the Ultra Plush Wash Mop! It's great, and helps save my back from stooping to wash the lower body panels. This is my go to car wash accessory, along with the Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush.

Those sidewalls look so tall as I'm used to working on low profile tires!

RamAirV1
      Of course I washed the boat! I need to blind the neighbors when the sun hits it!

The sidewalls are 85 series. Because I tow a heavy load in the summer, I need the sidewall height to absorb some of the bounce associated with towing heavy loads. Using a low profile sidewall for towing would jar your fillings loose!

Tim

Comment

love the outfit
        no zippers or buttons to scrach the paint I assume?
        VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gofastman View Post
          love the outfit
          no zippers or buttons to scrach the paint I assume?
          Yea...I should have realized that the water mist would be cold at that time of day!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
            Of course I washed the boat! I need to blind the neighbors when the sun hits it!

The sidewalls are 85 series. Because I tow a heavy load in the summer, I need the sidewall height to absorb some of the bounce associated with towing heavy loads. Using a low profile sidewall for towing would jar your fillings loose!

Tim
            The 85 series sidewalls probably have a higher weight rating too.

Your rig is the ultimate defiance of winter!

Plus you'll be ready for fishing should a warm spell hit!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');