• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Spray Wax Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Spray Wax Review

Hmmmm. I see that someone has asked for one, and I'm prepared!

Situation: I waxed with NXT in late April. Since then it has either rained, or I couldn't wax for other reasons. The car has been garage kept. The NXT is still beading strong, but the car is pretty dirty. There is a lot of residue on the upper panels from a heavy application of convertible top dressing (M38).

I washed with Gold Class wash and dried with a WW drying towel.

NXT Spray is ridiculously easy to use, if you think it through. I used two foam applicators. I sprayed each applicator a couple times on both sides. Then lightly and quickly, I smeared the wax onto the paint, using both hands and both applicators. If a pad started to drag, I gave either the pad or the panel a quick light spritz of wax and continued around the car until the entire car was covered. (If you miss a spot don't fret; this is a quick booster wax, remember? You'll get that spot the next time. If the wax is forming droplets, you're using too much product. You should barely be able to see the film.)

When I was done, the car was covered in a very light, almost imperceptible haze. I then took two Ultimate Wipes (you can also use Supreme Shines) folded into quarters and with one in each hand I went around the car removing the haze. Voila! Total time (on a Miata) about 15 minutes, working slowly and deliberately (meaning, less than normal speed; I'm still going slow, friends.) When I'm up to speed I see that taking 10 minutes tops on a Miata, 15 or 20 minutes tops on a typical mid sized sedan like my Subaru Legacy.

I didn't like this product the first couple times I used it, because I was out of touch with it; I didn't understand it, how the product's successful use required that the application be in tune with the product conceptually. Sure, if you spray every panel and work the product into the paint, you might as well use regular NXT. But the NXT Spray is thinner, spreads faster, dries quicker, and comes off with less effort. Combine that with doubling up on the applicators and towels, and spraying the product onto the applicators (to avoid cleaning overspray from body seams), and you have one shining car with that NXT goss, and QUICKLY.

Tom
    Last edited by Mosca; Jun 10, 2006, 03:58 PM.
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Very well said!

Mosca, I was in the same boat when I first used the product, I didn't really like it. Then I started to use it with Meguiars Even Coat Applicators for me that was key, seemed I could better control the amount of product being applied. Like you mentioned a thin coat is key and a bottle will last a long time.

Brandon
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Mosca, have you tried the Spray Booster Wax on a surface treated with #21? What did you think of the results?

A very light coat is extremely important to avoiding streaks. And you make an excellent point about the droplets. That's exactly where the streaks occur! I think anything over a quarter spray on a yellow foam applicator is too much. By a quarter spray I mean pulling no more on the trigger than 25% of it's total travel.

Excellent write up! The Spray Wax leaves a look that equals or betters than any of the other products in the NXT line.

I would also suggest the NXT Speed Detailer for maintenance and dust removal.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
        Mosca, have you tried the Spray Booster Wax on a surface treated with #21? What did you think of the results?
        No, I haven't. For some reason I'm on an NXT paste kick right now. Dang, I don't care what anyone says, the paste lasts longer than the liquid. My bottle of liquid is still from early 2004, maybe the product is now better by way of unreported running changes? All I know is that I use the liquid when doing OP's cars, I use the paste on my own.

I think anything over a quarter spray on a yellow foam applicator is too much. By a quarter spray I mean pulling no more on the trigger than 25% of it's total travel.
        Nice way to say it, visually demonstrative! That is exactly what I meant when I wrote "quick light spritz", but what you wrote is much less open to interpretation!

This is a product that helps beat the "gotta wax again blues"... 'cause you don't. You can if you want to, but you don't have to.

Tom
        Last edited by Mosca; Jun 10, 2006, 05:35 PM.
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
          No, I haven't. For some reason I'm on an NXT paste kick right now. Dang, I don't care what anyone says, the paste lasts longer than the liquid. My bottle of liquid is still from early 2004, maybe the product is now better by way of unreported running changes? All I know is that I use the liquid when doing OP's cars, I use the paste on my own.
          So it's not just me then. I also believe that the paste lasts longer and is easy enough to use. I think it gives a little more POP too.

Originally posted by Mosca
          Nice way to say it, visually demonstrative! That is exactly what I meant when I wrote "quick light spritz", but what you wrote is much less open to interpretation!
          Thanks. And it is true, like you said, if you can see the layer you probably applied too much.

I have a bottle and a half of the Spray Wax left. If I apply it properly, it will probably last me until the next generation (pun intended) LSP hits the market.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Adding a couple pics...

I didn't have m camera yesterday, but someone took a picture of my car today on the drive. This car was last waxed in April, with just a wash and an NXT QW yesterday. That's my friend Iva in the picture with me. Iva is fearless; she went from basically nothing to rotary buffer woman in about three days.

And no, I didn't put the borders and writing on the pictures.

Comment

hey mosca, thanks for the review!

p.s. how's the new g100 that you won coming along?

Comment

Nice review Mosca, you have convinced me to give the NXT spray wax that's been sitting on my shelf for a long time a second chance. I honestly didn't really care too much for it the first time I tried it.

Comment

Re: NXT Spray Wax Review

Like some of you, I didn't like NXT Spray Wax as much as Quick Wax until I used it a second or third time. NXT is quick, easy, and convenient as it leaves a deep, lustrous shine on my car and truck. Everybody remarks how the vehicles look like they are recently off the showroom floor. Love that Meguiars. NXT is a winner!

Comment

Re: NXT Spray Wax Review

I'd like to add my experience. I recently purchased a commute car - a Toyota Yaris. I decided to put on a coat of NXT paste wax, and followed it the next day with GC. I wanted the protection of the NXT synthetic with the gloss of the carnuba. At the suggestion of the body politic, I picked up some #26 just for gins. The finish product was very satisfying. Each product added a new dimension to the finish. The NXT paste was strong, the GC deeper and the #26 added yet another level in shine and wetness. I got several opinions to make sure I wasn't 'seeing' things that weren't there.

With this backdrop, enter NXT spray wax. I decided to get it to keep things fresh. Even though it had only been a day, I simply couldn't resist. I got out the QD, cleaned the body up and sprayed a little NXT spray wax on a Meguiar's foam applicator. The wax went on nicely and came off easy. That thin layer was just right. I used a little QD sprayed lightly on a MF to pick up any dust.

Here's the thing: A gnat tried to land on the car and broke its neck! heh! The shine was simply spectacular and the touch was even better! I don't think I can get any better than this. I'm at 100%. That NXT spray wax is very compelling stuff. I have to say I sure like this product line. I feel like a spokesperson. The neighbors have all weighed in and approve. Too bad they are too lazy to put in the work...oh well.

Respectfully submitted.
                    Last edited by keesue; Dec 28, 2006, 07:06 PM. Reason: syntax
                    2007 Toyota Yaris
                    2001 Volvo S60 T5
                    1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');