• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT tech wax=good stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT tech wax=good stuff

Washed, clayed, DC1&2 and a topping of NXT liquid tech wax last Sunday left my car looking pretty nice. Time didn't permit a second coat of wax but I figured next weekend would be OK.

Yesterday morning we had some pretty heavy thunder showers and I was looking at the various surfaces on the cars by my office. All are well maintained, late model vehicles that the owners seem to take pride in maintaining.

I noticed that most all the cars had really nice water beads, then looked at mine and saw the there was almost no beads.....the water was actually sheeting off the metal...almost like it was glass.

The sun came out a little later and the other cars showed a few water spots but I had to search for the few on my roof and hood by looking at it from an angle in full sun. Other cars looked like they'd seen a little weather but mine looked like it had just been washed. A light dusting and a few minutes with QD after work and it looks just like when I finished last weekend.

Good stuff Thanks Meguiars.

Mort

When I use NXT Tech wax on my black color car, I always get these black swirly shawdows on my finish. I clean the paint very thoroughly, apply M20 and then two very thin coat of NXT wax and wait until its completely dried before removing. Overall I enjoy using NXT wax. It is very easy to use and the shine is outstanding, its the shawdow that bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by jwrsxts
      When I use NXT Tech wax on my black color car, I always get these black swirly shawdows on my finish. I clean the paint very thoroughly, apply M20 and then two very thin coat of NXT wax and wait until its completely dried before removing. Overall I enjoy using NXT wax. It is very easy to use and the shine is outstanding, its the shawdow that bothers me.
      Sounds like either you put too much product on OR applyed it to a warm/hot surface.

Either way NXT only lasted a few short days on my new Black car in the HOT Sun. Me thinks it simply was cooked off.
      M21 lasts muuuuuuch longer and produces a slick surface like nothing else. Dead bug guts simply fall off my front bumper cover...well almost.

PS I now use up the rest of my NXT on things like wheels or door jams.
      HammerDown

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');