• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTX problem, please explain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTX problem, please explain?

I just used NXT for the first time on my Jimmy. It washed it, dried it, then applied on thin (thin, thin) coat of NXT Paste with the supplied foam applicator. I let it sit for 15-20 minutes, after completing the entire car (so about 35 minutes total), and buffed it off with a fresh microfiber. Tempature is mid 70's (I'm in Tampa right now, so fairly humid).

I came out 2 hours later to clean the interior and I noticed that the NXT on the hood and had "pooled" into little specs all over the paint. When I wiped them with another clean microfiber, they smeared like grease (oils?), and it took alittle elbow grease to get it off. Now I have a smooth, clean finish, but I am curious as to what exactly happened. I should also state that I washed the car with DC wash.
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Hey,

That is a new one to me. By chance, did you take any pictures?

Sometimes, you can get minor sweating from products due various factors (temperature, humidity etc) but I have never seen it "pool" into droplets before.

What did you use to wash the car? What did you dry it with?

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

If the NXT film was dry when you wiped it off and left the finish clear and shiny I don’t think it’s physically possible for the remaining NXT film to “pool”.

It sounds like some kind of airborne contamination landed on the finish. It could be something like tree sap, auto or aircraft exhaust, somebody in the neighborhood spraying a deck, etc.

PC.

Comment

First, I washed it with DC Wash, twice today. Once today, then I drove to my parents house (from Orlando to Tampa) and parked it outside. It got hit with the sprinkler and had water spots so I washed again using DC Wash. I dried it with a chamios and terry cloth. This was all done INDOORS, so no contaminets could have landed on the paint.

Also I wouldn't say it pooled (though I did say that) as so much as it formed thousands of tiny needle sized specs... Like I said when I wiped (re buffed) it smeared oily then took up leaving a perfectly smooth finish.

Comment

I've never heard of this problem before? Does the product pour out of the bottle with a uniform consistency?

Best thing to do would be to capture what you're seeing with a digital camera.

See if you can duplicate the effect, that is do everything you did before exactly like you did it and see if it happens again. Be sure to shake the bottle of product well before you use it.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Its the paste, not the liquid.

Comment

I've never seen this before sometimes there are little droplets of water (even if you shake it really well) but i have never seen droplets of oil??? are you sure something didn't drip on you car while you weren't there?
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

What did you use the last time you prepped/polished/waxed your rig. If it wasn't Megs, maybe it's some sorta chemical reaction. Just a thought anyway!
                Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

I have always used Meg's DC wash. The last three times I waxed where

1) 2-3 months ago, DC1 DC2 then DC3...
                  2)5 weeks ago, cleaner wax
                  3) yesterday, NXT..

All megs..

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                    Its the paste, not the liquid.
                    We have no idea what this problem could be without either being there in person or a quality picture. Looks like I'll be in Tampa, Florida in a few weeks for a Meguiar's Roadshow Class so if you still have the problem at that time I'll try to make arrangements to take a look at it for you and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Until then, call our Customer Care Hotline and site this thread and I'll ask them to send you out a free bottle of the NXT Tech Wax Liquid and I'd like you to give this product a try.

How's that?
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What exactly is the roadshow? And what are times/dates?

Like I said the greasy dots came off with elbow grease and a microfiber, leaving behind a super sleek finish. As far as sending me the NXT Liquid, it is an awesome offer Mike and I really appericate you and Meg's standing behind their products as such, however it will not be necessary as I have already ordered the NXT Package and Detail Start up kit from autodetailingsolutions, as of last Sunday.

I'm not upset, bothered, or complaing about the product, just wondering what would cause it? A lot of the factors metioned (contaminets, tree sap) are impossible because the far was both washed and waxed inside a garage.

Just curious, thats all

Comment

Airborne contaminants can blow into a garage, especially if the door is open. A side door or window is enough of an opening too. I've found stuff blown in through louvered and screened vents.

If you don't see it happen again this one may remain a mystery.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001

What exactly is the roadshow? And what are times/dates?

Meguiar's Roadshow

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, when/where are you going to be in Tampa? I would like to attend. What is the cost, and I defiently look forward to meeting you.

How much does it cost?

Comment

Sorry to resurect an old thread here - but I am pretty sure I know what might have caused those tiny "greasy" spots on your finish.

Was waxing the last step you did? I would be willing to bet you applied some sort of spray-on tire dressing, and the airborne particles made their way onto your paint.

It's happened to all of us, it doesn't matter how careful you are with the dressing, some of it always seems to float on up to the paint...

Maybe I'm wrong, but since nobody else suggested it I thought I would shoot it out there...
                              Nate Williams
                              N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');