• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt on wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt on wheels

has anyone ever tried nxt tech wax on clearcoat aluminum wheels? and what were your results?

I use NXT on my wheels, here is a write up I did: Wheels ~ the extra step....

Its well worth it to apply a wax to your wheels, makes them much easier to clean.

Its coming up on spring and about time to do another full detail on my wheels.
    Last edited by gb387; Jul 13, 2006, 08:33 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Do you detail your wheels while they are on the car on the ground? Or do you use a lift or remove each wheel to work on it? Seems hard to get into all the areas of a lot of wheels these days. The brakes get in the way in one section of each wheel unless you move the car a little to spin the wheel to a new location.

I only do my own cars, not a business and don't have a lift. Could get plastic ramps to raise two wheels at a time I suppose. Would be easier to reach. Then I could sit on my Grit Guard 5 gallon buckets with lids and seat cushion on the casters.
      2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
      2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
      1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Originally posted by amg/md
        Do you detail your wheels while they are on the car on the ground? Or do you use a lift or remove each wheel to work on it? Seems hard to get into all the areas of a lot of wheels these days. The brakes get in the way in one section of each wheel unless you move the car a little to spin the wheel to a new location.

I only do my own cars, not a business and don't have a lift. Could get plastic ramps to raise two wheels at a time I suppose. Would be easier to reach. Then I could sit on my Grit Guard 5 gallon buckets with lids and seat cushion on the casters.
        I remove my wheels, wax and rotate but thats not possible for everyone. Even just a coat on the face of the wheel will help.
        Brandon

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
          2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
          2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
          1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread...

How well does the NXT hold up to the heat of the wheels? How long does it appear to last?

Also, I know it makes the wheels easier to clean (I keep up on my wheels so an old sheepskin mitt and car soap gets them clean) but does the NXT "hold on" to the brake dust more than a bare clearcoat?

Comment

Originally posted by emaxxman
              Sorry to dig up an old thread...

How well does the NXT hold up to the heat of the wheels? How long does it appear to last?

Also, I know it makes the wheels easier to clean (I keep up on my wheels so an old sheepskin mitt and car soap gets them clean) but does the NXT "hold on" to the brake dust more than a bare clearcoat?
              Its hard to say how well NXT holds up on my wheels, not sure there is a test for protection that would work well on wheels.... I do know it makes it easier to remove the brake dust, they are easy to clean with a quality carwash soap and water. One thing I have found is a big help in keeping my wheels look good all the time is wiping then with some Last Touch Spray Detailer after every wash, this really does keep them looking good.
              Brandon

Comment

I would think that if using a wheel cleaner, this would remove most of the wax? Also the brake dust should be pretty hard on the wax... But I like to wax the wheels as well, just haven't gotten to the insides yet. After seeing your write up gb387, I definitely gotta do that next time I have the wheels of
                "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                - Back To The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Zet
                  I would think that if using a wheel cleaner, this would remove most of the wax? Also the brake dust should be pretty hard on the wax... But I like to wax the wheels as well, just haven't gotten to the insides yet. After seeing your write up gb387, I definitely gotta do that next time I have the wheels of
                  I too would guess a traditional wheel cleaner will remove wax... that is one reason I stick to the Gold Class Shampoo and water on my wheels. My thought has always been you should treat your clear-coated wheels the same as you would paint on your vehicle.

oh... yes, next time you have your wheels off give them a good cleaning even on the inside, its hard work but it really looks good when you are done!
                  Last edited by gb387; Jul 14, 2006, 08:44 PM.
                  Brandon

Comment

A few days ago I put a couple coats of NXT paste wax on my two piece 19" rims and I must say it was great! The brake dust barely clings to the wheels and can literally be blown off! I will see how long the wax on here lasts and will make this part of my monthy/ weekly routine. Takes only 10 min max to apply.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');