• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nothing new for me thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing new for me thanks

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the new 2006 products. I really didn't feel like there was anything revolutionary introduced like last year's Interior QD. I realize that you can't reinvent the wheel every year, but with the contest to guess the new products I just found it all very anti-climatic.

I disagree. I'm sure think some of the products are brilliant!

The new wheel cleaner bottles are re-labeled versions of the same product. These new labels help the consumer identify which formula they should use for their car.

The new wash mitts give users even more choices for their vehicles. I wonder what applications would be ideal for the scrubbing wash mitt.

As for the clay kit, I call it quality control. This way, meguiar's is making sure that users use a quality wax along with a quality microfiber cloth for the best results.

I cant wait to see the user reviews for Insane Shine tire spray.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
      I disagree. I'm sure think some of the products are brilliant!

The new wheel cleaner bottles are re-labeled versions of the same product. These new labels help the consumer identify which formula they should use for their car.

The new wash mitts give users even more choices for their vehicles. I wonder what applications would be ideal for the scrubbing wash mitt.

As for the clay kit, I call it quality control. This way, meguiar's is making sure that users use a quality wax along with a quality microfiber cloth for the best results.

I cant wait to see the user reviews for Insane Shine tire spray.

I like the new products... sure some I may not use but its a needed update especially for the wheel cleaners.

I am waiting to check out the new clay kit... I don't use clay enough to justify getting the pro line so a new consumer version will fit me perfect!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: nothing new for me thanks

Originally posted by Mikeyc
        To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the new 2006 products. I really didn't feel like there was anything revolutionary introduced like last year's Interior QD. I realize that you can't reinvent the wheel every year, but with the contest to guess the new products I just found it all very anti-climatic.
        I'd have to agree. It's nice to have new products, but most of these aren't new, just repackaged. The only new stuff is the interior wipes and the mf wash mitt.

I guess what I don't get is why the need to try to reinvent the wheel every year? Meguiar's never used to have huge annual product unveilings. They just made good products that worked, and continued to improve upon them.

I guess when I see nice products like MPPC go away, but Meguiar's come out with a 7th leather product or tire shine, it leaves me scratching my head a bit. Every new product unveiling makes me wonder what nice product I like is going to get the axe...
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Well, Meguiars certainly didnt take the Medalion items away becasue they felt like it. With some new environmental laws coming every year, plenty of products could have to be changed or be replaced eventualy.

Quite frankly, I agree that repackaging doesnt really count as new, but oh well. As long as this spray Insane Shine works as good as everybody says the foam does (never tired the foam, dont like them), then it is a good year for me.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm not saying the new products are bad. I just feel as others have said that they are basically re-labeled or slightly re-formulated versions of old products. There was a lot of hype on this board about the new products and that built up my expectations. IMO re-labeled and slightly re-formulated products should not be touted as "new."

Comment

Re: Re: nothing new for me thanks

Originally posted by Aurora40
              I'd have to agree. It's nice to have new products, but most of these aren't new, just repackaged. The only new stuff is the interior wipes and the mf wash mitt.

I guess what I don't get is why the need to try to reinvent the wheel every year? Meguiar's never used to have huge annual product unveilings. They just made good products that worked, and continued to improve upon them.

I guess when I see nice products like MPPC go away, but Meguiar's come out with a 7th leather product or tire shine, it leaves me scratching my head a bit. Every new product unveiling makes me wonder what nice product I like is going to get the axe...
              Exactly. I think there's been a bit too much marketing hype, especially with the products under the "Consumer" banner. I'm sorry to say that I see a lot of marketing hype for marketing's sake.

Aurora40 , you're not the only one who see this, and you're right. Meguiar's never used to have this big annual product unveiling. They're starting to look like some other companies in this field - lots of flash.
              If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Comment

I think meguiars has presented about half of the products planed for next year and there is more to come.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: nothing new for me thanks

Originally posted by Len_A
                  Exactly. I think there's been a bit too much marketing hype, especially with the products under the "Consumer" banner. I'm sorry to say that I see a lot of marketing hype for marketing's sake.

We appreciate your feedback Len_A
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');