• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy Here, Long Tome Meguairs user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here, Long Tome Meguairs user.

I have been a gear head ever since I was 12, 26 years ago.

Products I find myself using mostly is the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Carnauba. Today I had to use the clay bar kit on my truck top to bottom to remove fallout and a tad bit of overspray from blacking out my wheel wells.

The surface is nice and smooth now, but I ran outta daylight and energy after that task was complete. I can see the paint needs some love still, mostly on the roof it looks like some dry or slightly dead paint. I am thinking of going wil the polishing compound, then topping it with a sealer. I find the Ultimate compound can sometimes leave a hazy finish on this particular vehicle. ( Arctic White)

I could use some input or direction here in the forum to choose the next step after clay. Vehicle is a 2008 Toyota FJC and its been waxed 2-3 times a year,garage kept mostly, and lightly compounded with Ultimate compound a time or two. The roof is the most neglected area, just because its so tall, and the roof rack makes it difficult.

Re: New Guy Here, Long Tome Meguairs user.

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

to MOL!

Are you working by hand or machine? Does the paint still have some swirls / scratches / defects to remove, or do you just need to clear up the haze left by UC? Some pics would help.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          to MOL!

Are you working by hand or machine? Does the paint still have some swirls / scratches / defects to remove, or do you just need to clear up the haze left by UC? Some pics would help.
          No pics of current paint condition as it started raining today. No scratches that need compounded out. Detailed thread started here \/ Please have a look and provide some insight for me! Thanks for welcoming me everybody!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Why must a moderator approve every post I make? I am a member of many forums, and this seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                  to MOL!

I started my own thread with all of the details, but for some reason I cant post a link to it without a moderator approval?

Today I clay barred my entire FJ Cruiser, it was the 1st time it had ever been done and even though its garage kept and washed/waxed frequently it was still filthy.
                  So the roof is the most neglected area and was the toughest to get clayed. I ran outta daylight after I clayed the entire truck, and rewashed it.

So i shammy dried it and its ready for the next step. Everything except the roof looks ready for wax, but the rood has some dead paint that needs removed still.

I have used in the past, and have some Meguiars Ultimate Compound as the next step prior to waxing, but sometimes find it leaves my Arctic White FJ slightly hazy even after I finish with Meguiars Carnauba Wax. I have never tried the Ultimate Polish before, maybe thats why I get the haziness?

So my question is should I use this first on a terry cloth random orbital applicator

followed by this applied with terry cloth random orbital applicator

Then top it with this applied by hand

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...m-carnauba-wax

Thanks for having me, and I appreciate any input you provide. I love Meguiars stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');