• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo!

New guy but I think?? I was on here quite awhile ago (year or two). Have three new vehicles ~ Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 3500 Diesel Laramie and a new Toyota Avalon. I did a thorough detail on the Rubicon and the Avalon. Was sick so had the RAM dealer do the detail when I bought the Dodge. Well if you want to call it a detail!! Think a lot boy did it and he used Blue Coral on it. It's a silver color and knowing their hard to get a good shine, when I got the truck back, it was not a good shine. Nor was it a slick shine. Nor does it bead water. Needless to say, it will be completely stripped and "I" will do the detail.

Have been using a different companies detailing supplies for about five+ years. Don't know anything about the products on here. So what is recommended after I clay the truck? As I said, I know silver is a hard color to shine but I want to put the "best" product/s I can purchase on it. BTW, the dealer (lot boy) did not even clay the truck first! So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Over $5,000+ on the other companies products so I don't mind spending money if I know I'm getting the best possible products.

Tks!

Welcome back! U will hear alot that with meguiars is that 1 of their product is not better than the other just different. And from what I've used that seems to b true but with that said I will say that u can go the ultimate compound, polish, wax route or u can do the 105,205, 26 route as well. But with the meguiars line u have to ask more than what's the best as more what ur looking to get out of the look than just shine. How much correction is needed? And that sorta thing.

Comment

Re: Yo!

to/back MOL Slidder

How do you apply your products Hand, 6''or10'' Orbital, DA, Rotary?

What other companies do/did you use?

I think you made a smart move switching to Meguiars! The other products out there are good and do the job but I like to stick with one product and as many as Meguiars makes like Jarhead stated it's what are you after and besides that, Meguiars has the years of experience and research and development that's second to none and a great service department to boot, A Win \ Win situation!

I'm going to put a couple links up for you so it will help you get a better understanding of Meguiars products and the order of less aggree to most aggressive, Also Meguiars teaches us to USE THE LESS AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE! Because you can always add more product or technique to a more aggressive producte to get your results but you can't add paint if you go to Aggressive!

Read these great articles

And some great how to video's

As for your silver Dodge, I personally love polishing silver because when you get it right it has a deep wet gloss to it. But I first start doing a test spot so I get a game plan ready and know what products are needed.

Try this combo out Slidder, Meguiars mild blue clay and using Last Touch diluted 1:1 for your clay lube and then try either M205 (Ultra Finishing Polish> a awesome cleaner/polish) or Ultimate Compound (UC) & I would grab a bottle of NXT tech wax 2.0 and apply 2 thin applications (for even coverage and it looks better to your eyes) and you don't have to wait the 12 hour curing time/ I usally just start putting everything up and/or go get a snack and then apply my 2nd thin coat on and depends on time often will spray a spray wax on to amp the shine further.

Hope I've helped a little and Glad you joined Oh Yeah! How about some pics
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');